PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity to escape from evil employers!

EmilyK83
28-02-13, 15:33
Some of you may remember that I posted before about the victimisation I've been suffering at work - lack of understanding of my GAD and HA, being shouted at for not fulfilling my job description (I don't even have an up to date one!), being ignored by the CEO and being told they're taking away my permission for a second job as they think it's making my anxiety worse (erm...it's a blog with a few paid ads, it's a good distraction from anxiety at evenings/weekends - how did they work that one out?!)

Anyway....yesterday I was offered a new job as the editor of a local free magazine! :D Massively excited, but it's only for 2 weeks per month and the money from that isn't enough to live on. It gives me time to ramp up advertising on my blog if I can, and try and get more freelance writing work, but I'm terrifid about not having enough money.

My boyfriend's job doesn't pay very well and I'm concerned about rent and bills!

I need to get out of the day job though - I need to have given up my blog, according to them, by tomorrow otherwise I'm breaching my contract by having a second job without permission. Really not sure what to do :-/

Sunshine77
28-02-13, 18:16
Congratulations on the offer, that's fab!

I am slightly biased because I have just quit my job which was making me ill, without anything else to go to. I took a huge leap of faith and to be honest I don't know how we'll manage for money but I am SO GLAD that I did it, I cannot tell you how much better I feel. I just trust that something will come along that is right for me.

If you really believe that the new job is the right thing for you then I say follow your heart and your gut instinct and trust that you will be looked after.

Let us know what you decide!!! x