PDA

View Full Version : weight and anxiety

lashes
28-02-13, 18:54
hiya im about to start a diet and excercise plan but i have no clue what i should really weigh does anyone know how to caulate this best ?and any ideas of foods and vitimans or supplements that can be helpful to anxiety x

Em.ma
28-02-13, 19:00
How tall are you?
How much do you weigh?

lashes
28-02-13, 19:03
im 5 ft 5 and 14st 1:blush: ive put around 3 stone on in a year or so which i know is so awful x

Em.ma
28-02-13, 19:12
On website I found it said for a female of your height you should be 9 stone 4. But anywhere from 7 13 to 10 10.
I assume your female.
Try cutting out the cheese, chocolate, crisps and replacing with fruit etc.
also convert from full fat milk to skimmed. Full fat mayo to light etc .
Also try eating thinner slices of bread instead of buying thick slices. Switch to brown pasta, rice, bread.
Cut red meat like ham, beef, bacon for fish and chicken.
Try oatmeal/ porridge in the mornings. Or scrambled eggs with a touch of milk instead of carbs like bread etc.
Good luck.
Also walking is great exercise or jogging. So if your going to use a car/transport and could of walked it walk it!
:)

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

Also housework is great exercise. Hoover the whole house more etc.

lashes
28-02-13, 19:17
oh no i am way over then hope i havent dont too much damage !thanks there some really good tips especially about swapping things for the healthier version i think its my snacking and i can easily go a few days without actually eating a meal aswel its all over the place x

Em.ma
28-02-13, 19:28
Get your self in some sort of routine. Eat when hungry.
I awake at 6:00am for work. Have breakfast at work at 7:30
Have a snack at 10:30
Lunch at 1:30
Dinner between 5:30-7:00pm.
I am hungry for all three meals and can't go without one meal as my body knows its time to eat. I also don't feel like snacking after dinner so I don't and the only snack I'm hungry for is mid morning. Mainly because I'm using energy working in the morning I think.
It works for me. And I seem to be maintaining my weight.
I don't think at 14 stone you would of done any long term damage.

At weekends (on a Sunday) I do have a dessert after dinner but tend to have late breakfast, dinner, dessert and a snack later in the evening.
On a Saturday I awake for breakfast around 7:30 and eat then and then have lunch. Even if I've gone back to sleep after breakfast haha.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

Oh one more thing. Watch the calories in what your drinking.
Things like milkshakes/orange juice/ fizzy drinks have lots of hidden calories.
Drink water or sugar free squash or the diet version of fizzy drinks.

lashes
28-02-13, 19:29
wow you have a really good routine.i hope i can do it i think it will hopefully help with my back pain also as that gets me down when its bad i feel like im a long way from where i should be though ! x

Em.ma
28-02-13, 19:39
Thanks.
A fav lunch is mine is a tub of fruit with low fat yoghurt over it. So a tub of strawberries with yoghurt over it.

A typical day is:
Breakfast: porridge with oat clusters. Dried fruit and a yoghurt. Sometimes jam instead of the other stuff.
Mid morning: a banana or pear or apple. Or two of them. Breakfast belvita biscuits
Lunch: fruit with yoghurt. A tin of ravioli I like it with light philly cheese. Tuna sandwich . A single pie Etc. either with a tin of fruit or a small chocolate.
Dinner: sometimes a big dinner if I've not had much for lunch so if I've hd fruit and yoghurt for lunch . But if I've had pie for lunch ill have something like scrambled eggs on toast for dinner etc.

I also find I have no desire to snack other than mid morning eating how I do :)