PDA

View Full Version : Mixture of symptoms and anxiety is sky high

chloevictoria
28-02-13, 20:15
On Saturday I choked on orange juice because someone made me laugh, and that really scared me because I'd forgotten how it is to actually not be able to breathe instead of just thinking it. Anyway, yesterday I started getting heartburn-ish symptoms about 2 hours after lunch, and felt really bloated. This morning I had weird congestion in my nose but nothing comes out when i blow my nose. Also, the heartburn has kind of gone but now when i swallow my food it hurts when it reaches the bottom of my throat (because it doesn't hurt when i initially swallow) and it feels more in my back than my chest. has anyone had anything like this before? could i have perhaps strained a muscle from choking? or irritated it? i'm scared of acid reflux and i've exhausted myself with panic attacks today

thanks

sjlb
28-02-13, 20:36
It is possible to strain muscles just by coughing. I had a bad cold/cough a while ago and this happened to me. It hurt like mad for a few days then eased. Hope you feel better soon.

chloevictoria
03-03-13, 23:42
Thank you for your reply! That has put my mind at ease. Luckily the pain stopped yesterday :)) it's just annoying how there's always something to be worried about!