PDA

View Full Version : job offer

maximus1975
28-02-13, 21:22
right in the last 5 mins my anxirty has risen big time the reason the restaurant manager from my local hotel has just phoned left a message offering me a job , ive worked there before as second chef 5 years ago , this job is waiting on table split shifts , working till late , and starting at 8 am , finishing at 11 pm im worrying this is gunna throw me out of sink, my dr didnt want me to work until i was almost med free but that could take up to a year im so confused as to what to do, the hotel is only a 20 min walk from my house but im scared this is gunna put me backwards what the hell do i , i need the money but it is 100 seater restaurant 4 star and will be busy im gunna have to work at some point i was having a good day till that phone call she wants me to phone her tomorrow

Annie0904
28-02-13, 21:30
I have replied to your pm but remember your health comes first and it is only the last few days you have been able to get out and about. No harm in trying if you want to but don't push yourself if it is going to be too much.

Col
28-02-13, 22:11
I have replied to your pm but remember your health comes first and it is only the last few days you have been able to get out and about. No harm in trying if you want to but don't push yourself if it is going to be too much.

So true Annie. Im pleased for you though max & I really think that u should go for it BUT trepidation sets in because hovering anxiety looms . All I can say is try but health always comes first, make a list put health first then money etc and tick which ones are true or positive and which are negative, or something to give u an clearer idea what to do XXX

clio51
28-02-13, 22:17
Only you can tell if you think you are ready to get back into the work force again.
Do you feel you could cope with the pressure, as you know it's not easy working with the public. Could you be able to function getting up for early shift say 7am, you have only just changed your meds, do you feel they are right for you and happy on them. These are all the questions you should be asking yourself.

maximus1975
28-02-13, 22:47
well i played 18 hols of golf today with 3 people i dont no very well if u had said that 8 days ago i would have said you were nuts , ive had no side affects whatsover from the tablets and feel the mitrazipine was making me poorly cant be sure of this though,
my mind is racing now all over a job proposal , i wish i'd never left them my number before xmas when i was feeling good its everything my mind doesnt want split shifts ,late nights early mornings i can see it now me being sat here at 1am thinking ive gotta be up in 6 hours and the anxiety building,
having said that i may well get on just fine and it do me some good my head is totally messed up now after a good day ive rang all my family and they have said its up to you , i still have several outpatient appoitments to go to.
i'd be working weekends which i hate but beggers cant be choosers.
what a rubbish end to a good day

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

speak to me folks

BobbyDog
01-03-13, 07:06
Working in a restaurant is a really stressful job, are you ready for the pressure and long hours. Take small steps, one hurdle at a time. I agree totally with everyone else, think about your health. Could it be 1 step forward and 2 steps back. You are just starting to get your life back, do you want to go back to the bad place(mentally)? If it was me in your situation I would concentrate on the golf and water for now.

Edie
01-03-13, 08:07
Congratulations on the job offer!

I can understand your concerns about the position though. It does sound very stressful. I wonder if doing only the morning or evening shift may work better for you?

Rennie1989
01-03-13, 09:36
Personally if you want to work but don't want the stress then I suggest maybe working a day or two days a week, say half a day each. If you can cope with the work then increase the work hours. You are the only one who can decided whether you can work or not, but like others have said, your health does come first.

maximus1975
01-03-13, 14:35
just doing one or two days is a great idea but will muck about with my sick pay , i have one dr that i see who isnt keen on the idea and then one who says it would benifit me .
i no i have to put my health first but i have to work at some point i also realise it was only 9 days ago i could barely do a 10 min walk my progress has been good but ive been in this anxiety game long enough to no stress = triggers and trigers = anxiety part of the reason im getting better is ive given up drinking the last thing i want is this job stresses me out so much i start to drink again, see how stressed i am today just because of the offer it makes feel like going pub im not going to but its a worry

---------- Post added at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

ok this is getting silly now im making myself poorly today with this job thing going round and round in my head , i was perfectly fine yesterday until i heard about this job i just cant win i say yes ill be a bundle of nerves i say no ill be depressed coz i couldnt do it and it will be on mind for ages that ive turned a good job down thats on my door step, i havnt even got the all clear from my gp yet anyway,
up until the last 6 months ive worked all my life thats why im desperate to get back into work , be proud an earn some money i hate anxiety

Annie0904
01-03-13, 14:37
Don't think by turning it down you will be letting yourself down. If you feel more time to recover than take that time. :hugs:

EmilyK83
01-03-13, 14:41
Is there potential for the hotel to keep the job offer open until you've made a bit more progress? Or doing one or two trial shifts to see how it goes?

maximus1975
01-03-13, 14:43
thats the whole problem i just dont no wether im ready i dont no if i need more time , if i was as chilled as i was on the gold coarse yesterday i would breeze through it , but its not the same coz with golf u can turn up if your feeling well, with work u have to be there

maximus1975
01-03-13, 19:57
ok so the latest is ive spoken to the gp about the job in her words she said she would have serious resevations about me working in that busy restaurant at this moment in time , the hours are a problem according to her and just the presure i'd be under having only just starting to get better, id also have to take my benzos real early in the morning to do the breakfast shift its just all wrong for someone who suffers with anxiety, yeh work may well make me better but when the time is right

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

driving myself nuts this afternoon so i took the bull b the horn and went and seen the hotel owner at his house we've always got on well, he new i hadnt been physically well and new i'd been offered a job i said i have two hospitol appoitments this week coming up and one the week after so wouldnt be able to start for a couple of weeks minimun as there still not 100% what wrong with my stomach area, i asked him if we could do some sort of phased return to work to build myself up gradually he agreed this was a good idea but i would have to speak to the restaurant manager tomorrow morning ,
my problem is i feel so guilty not working my family no's that.
i need to speak to the rest manager about the hours , if it means working evenings till 11 30 then i may have to forget about the job completley, coz by the time i wind down it will be 1 am this sort of time is a real trigger for my anxiety xx

Annie0904
01-03-13, 19:59
:yesyes: Now have a nice relaxing evening..I am sure you have made the right decision for now :)

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

and don't feel guilty as your health must come first :D

BobbyDog
01-03-13, 20:04
Hopefully you will get more job offers when the time is right.x

maximus1975
01-03-13, 22:44
im feeling better for contacting the owner so at least he no's the score im not saying never to this job it just my dr would prefer it if i didnt have to work so late and be up so early all to with meds , to groggy in the morning etc im itching to just go down there and go for it but it could all go so wrong , who no's in a couple of weeks i may feel ready