PDA

View Full Version : Pain in the middle of chest

xBettyBoopx
28-02-13, 22:05
I feel really anxious about a pain I have that came on about half an hour ago right in the middle of my chest inbetween my boobs. I keep burping but it won't go away.

All my life I have been petrified of having a heart attack, which I am thinking of now. I have often had slight chest pain which just goes away but this is different to anything I have had before.

Anyone get this please?

Els
xxx

Ella13
28-02-13, 22:25
Hi Els i have this pain right now also, have had it for a good month i've always got a constant ache in my chest minus a few hours a day get so many palpatations/stabbing pains and feels like 'electric shock' in my heart sometimes its horrible. Also the burping might be a bit of acid reflux which ive had before and also causes really bad chest pain.

Im always scared im about to have a heart attack or die from an undiagnosed heart condition but i always think if it was a heart attack i wouldnt be able to type on a computer also i dont think your heart could put up with constant pain so i convince myself its just anxiety but i know how you are feeling and it is worrying!! P.m me if you like :)

xBettyBoopx
28-02-13, 23:05
Hi Ella

Thanks for replying. A month is a long time to have pain and certainly not a heart attack all that time. I hope you get it sorted.

I still have this pain and keep burping, I haven't had much to eat lately coz of different things and really need food but I can't eat with this pain and when I'm feeling so anxious!!

RVP
28-02-13, 23:10
Hi! I sometimes get sharp pain there, have you tried having gaviscone? I know you can also get gassed up if you don't eat too.

xBettyBoopx
28-02-13, 23:14
Hi! I sometimes get sharp pain there, have you tried having gaviscone? I know you can also get gassed up if you don't eat too.

Hi RVP

Thanks for replying. I don't have any medication here for indigestion, will get some 2moro if am still here:blush::blush:

puppyskin
28-02-13, 23:18
Chest pain is just the worst,it always fills me with dread...why can't it be in your toe or something :shrug:

Arnie365
01-03-13, 10:30
I've had every type of chest pain imaginable over the past 9 months.

My heart is absolutely fine though as proved through many many ECGs and a recent echo where the cardiologist described my heart as "perfect". What I take from this is that most certainly not all chest pains are heart related and many are linked to anxiety in some way.

I'm not getting anywhere near as many pains recently, went to therapy on Monday and had to do quite an emotional exercise for me. Right before I started, queue the chest pains! Anxiety is a git and does act up at the appropriate times!