PDA

View Full Version : My miracle cure for my GAD!

Greg316
28-02-13, 23:58
Hello friends,

Let me first start off by saying I'm not trying to sell you anything in this post. I'm always so skeptical of the natural remedy websites that say they're offering a wonder cure for anxiety, naturally I assume they just want my money. This is not my case, I've had GAD leading to minor depression for on and off for 4-5 years, and was really starting to lose hope of ever returning to my normal self.

A little background history, I'm a Sales Manager for a drilling equipment manufacturer and am very outgoing. I found my GAD very hard to cope with since I always had a smile on my face and was joking in public, I didn't think anyone would believe me. I'm very religious which helped a lot but after 4-5 years of anxiety you can't help but be depressed, especially with no one to talk to.

I'm also a caffeine junkie, and drink somewhere around 3-4 liters of diet soda a day. I'm also a "carnivore" and eat virtually only meat and potatoes. I'm an exercise junkie so my vitals are all still good (plus I'm 28), but needless to say I hadn't had a glass of water nor gotten the vitamins I need for YEARS

I was having a business lunch with one of my Customers from Costa Rica who in addition to be a drilling equipment supplier, owned a chain of natural medicine and health food stores. He mentioned how a large portion of the people who were sent to their store were done so by mental health experts who thought they might be dehydrated or lacking on some of their vitamins.

Naturally I was intrigued and asked him what a person would take for depression/anxiety, and he told me he always recommended they drink an ounce of water daily per every 2 pounds of body weight, and to take a cocktail of super-b complex, magnesium, vitamin-c, and fish oil, and in a large number of instances, people were cured or reported some degree of success.

I don't want to offend anyone, but I've seen first hand in my extended family the damage that some prescription meds can do to people who are going through a tough phase in their life. I've always been very hesitant to take any drugs (other than antibiotics) but I thought this approach might work for me. I realized I probably was in a constant state of dehydration, and was definitely not getting the vitamins I needed from my diet, so I tried it about a month ago.

I'm trying hard not to exaggerate here, but I really saw an improvement right away. I felt like I had a filter ripped off my brain, and my normally muddled, constantly fretting anxiety brain had been replaced by more focused one. In the beginning I still had intrusive thoughts, but this time instead of dwelling on them, I dismissed them!!!! I used to be constantly assaulted by "oh what if I drive off the road", "what if I die during my sleep", "what if I have a panic attack in the airplane" and I would dwell on them for HOURS. I don't really have theming anymore but if I do, I kind of laugh them off because they're ridiculous.

Furthermore, I've had a few stressful situations in the last month and haven't reverted back to anxiety, which has been such a revelation. I've had a few hiatus' from anxiety but it would return anytime I ran into trouble. Not so this time.

I'm not sure if it will work for everybody, but I thought it worth posting about.

I drink 120 oz of water per day (180 if I exercise and lift weights) and take a Super -B complex, 500mg of magnesium, 1000mg of vitamin-c, and a fish oil tablet per day. My hyper-anxiety has completely vanished (I'm still a human with worries and fears about normal stuff, but that's just the thing! I feel normal!!!!!) and I'm actually having better workouts and my occasional heartburn has become less frequent and intense.

I hope this helps someone

BobbyDog
01-03-13, 06:56
It is fantastic news that your anxiety levels have reduced significantly since you started taking vitamin supplements.
It is a really good idea to have all the vitamins, minerals and oils you have suggested, but it is a much better idea to get them from food sources rather than from taking vitamins.
I had a very poor diet, but have made a concise effort to eat healthily over the past few weeks, I feel revitalised and my anxiety levels have reduced greatly.

Wishing you success.

Coppernob
01-03-13, 10:08
Does it have to be water, or can it be any (innocuous) fluid. Obviously not coke or strong coffee or alcohol! Research I have read recently has suggested that the water thing is an exaggeration, and just drinking enough fluids is sufficient.