PDA

View Full Version : Tonsillitis :(

Annie0904
01-03-13, 09:22
I have had a sore throat all week and went to the doctors yesterday because I noticed white spots on my tonsils. He said I have tonsillitis and has prescribed antibiotics. I have just taken my 3rd. I have never had tonsillitis before and feeling really poorly. I managed to get myself downstairs to make a drink this morning. My tongue feels strange too, sort of tingly? I don't usually have HA until I am ill and then I worry more. In the doctors yesterday I just sat and cried while he tried to reassure me that yes he can fix my throat! I hate feeling this bad. It is my hubby's birthday too and tomorrow we have 20 family coming for tea :( :weep::weep::weep:

Rennie1989
01-03-13, 09:32
I get tonsillitis very frequently so I can totally sympathise. As long as you take your antibiotics everyday and finish the course you'll be absolutely fine :) I take ibuprofen too, just to reduce the inflammation of the tonsils. Make sure you drink plenty of water, like you would if you had the cold, having a temperature you need to stay hydrated. You won't feel unwell for long, especially with the antibiotics, just take it easy. You might find having people over tomorrow will make you feel better with all the love and attention :D

In the meantime get a take away, rent a film or two and snuggle up on the couch with the hubby, that's my ideal birthday with my other half :)

Get better soon, give me a bell if you need some advice.

bernie1977
01-03-13, 09:41
Sorry you're feeling bad Annie, tonsillitis can be very unpleasant.

Make sure you take the full course of antibiotics and as Rennie said ibuprofen are good for the inflammation and temperature. I used to get tonsillitis a lot as a teen and I found an ice lolly or ice cream to be very soothing. You can also get sprays from the chemist that numb your throat.

Get plenty of rest today and all you can do is see how you feel tomorrow. There's nothing you can do to change this situation so please tell yourself that to try and stop the anxious thoughts.

Take care xx

Annie0904
01-03-13, 09:44
Thank you Rennie and Bernie. When you had it did it feel like you had a cotton ball stuck in your throat? I also have an awful taste in my mouth :( I can't take ibuprofen as it makes my anxiety worse so I am just taking paracetamol for my temperature and pain.

bernie1977
01-03-13, 09:48
I used to feel like I had razor blades in my throat everytime I swallowed. Yes you do get a bad taste as the spots on your tonsils can burst and they have puss in them. The infection is in your throat so te smell comes into your mouth. You will be okay Annie the antibiotics are doing their job as we speak and you will feel relief soon.

Annie0904
01-03-13, 09:50
Mine started of feeling like I had swallowed razor blades but now it feels more like clogged up x

bernie1977
01-03-13, 09:51
I think that might be inflammation Annie

Annie0904
01-03-13, 09:54
:( It does look quite inflamed.

Rennie1989
01-03-13, 09:55
Ow yeah! Sometimes I feel like I have hair wrapped around them and it just feels..... yuck!! Makes me gag sometimes. For the 'razor blade' feeling (which I completely understand) I often make honey and lemon tea, a squirt of honey at the bottom of the cup, couple of tea spoons of lemon juice and a teaspoon of sugar, and it soothes the throat, sometimes I get those anaesthetic throat sweets or spray that numbs your throat.

Annie0904
01-03-13, 10:00
My husband has bought me some strepsils and they do sooth it a bit

bernie1977
01-03-13, 10:03
The spray is best Annie, it will take away that feeling straight away. If you don't like the thought of a spray tyrozets are okay as they too have an anaesthetic in to numb the throat pain.

Annie0904
01-03-13, 10:18
i will ask my husband to get some on his way home from work. Thank you Bernie x

bernie1977
01-03-13, 10:19
You're welcome! Glad to be able to help

nicola1980
01-03-13, 10:22
Hope you feel better soon :hugs: tonsillitis is nasty, i remember having it once and it totally floored me i felt so ill, take care of yourself and get lots of rest :hugs: xx

Annie0904
01-03-13, 10:25
Thank you Nicola xx

Lost2010
01-03-13, 13:12
Hi Annie,

Sorry you're feeling unwell. I've had it a couple of times and it is horrible, I made the mistake of not finishing the course of antibiotics and then had to start all over again so make sure you do finish the course as other people have mentioned.

Although it's horrible, the antibiotics do work relatively quickly so combined with some painkillers you should feel better soon :)

Annie0904
01-03-13, 13:43
Thank you Lost2010 Did anyone else get a tingling feeling in their tongue with tonsillitis?

HoneyLove
01-03-13, 14:19
Sorry you're feeling sick Annie :(

My doctor told me that if your stress levels are generally high, then getting sick, even with something as simple as a cold or tonsillitis, can send your stress levels up to the point where you get anxious. So it's no surprise if you already suffer with anxiety that you're feeling worse now when you're sick.

I can't help you with the tingling in your tongue sensation, but I'd imagine that the tenseness of your muscles around your sore throat combined with the tension of anxiety could make some very weird feelings. Give it a little while and if it's still worrying you then talk to your GP again.

I hope you're feeling good again very soon!! x

swgrl09
01-03-13, 14:33
I just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon and are able to get some rest :hugs:

I've never had tonsilitis that I can remember as I had my tonsils removed when I was 2 years old. They were so enlarged I couldn't eat! So I cannot really relate but just hope you feel better

Annie0904
01-03-13, 14:36
Thank you honeylove and swgrl09 x

Magic
01-03-13, 16:13
Annnie,
I do hope you will be feeling better for the party tomorrow:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Annie0904
01-03-13, 16:14
Annnie,
I do hope you will be feeling better for the party tomorrow:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you Magic..I do too but if not I will just hide in my room and let everyone else enjoy it :D

Tessar
01-03-13, 16:21
the only thing that helps me with a bad sore throat is gargling with Aspro clear (no other soluble asperin tastes anything like reasonable, these are the ones to use otherwise they taste disgusting).

Annie0904
01-03-13, 16:43
Have just sent hubby out to buy more 'cures' and to the post office :)

Lost2010
01-03-13, 19:24
Hi Annie,

Can't say I noticed the tingling so much, mine felt like a really sharp pain. Not 100% sure if this is true but I've heard from a few people that if you can try and eat sharp or crunchy foods like crisps and crackers it helps to get rid of the infection in your throat (horrible I know!). Years ago they used to advise soft foods but apparently now it's the opposite. Can't say if it's 100% medically accurate but a good excuse to eat crisps nonetheless!

Annie0904
01-03-13, 19:35
I realised the tingling tongue was probably because i had just had a strepsil :doh:

Lost2010
01-03-13, 19:38
LOL :D At least it means they're working?!

Annie0904
01-03-13, 19:42
:D I guess..I am such a numpty :doh:

BobbyDog
01-03-13, 19:46
I do feel for you, I had tonsillitis twice last year. It is quite debilitating and left me feeling exhausted. But as you have pointed out, by far the worst symptom is the puss taste in your mouth. Hope you feel a bit better for the party.x

Annie0904
01-03-13, 19:48
Thank you Bobbydog

fruity
01-03-13, 20:26
my husband has bought me some strepsils and they do sooth it a bit
hey annie. I feel realy bad though. & i got aches & pains everywere because i,ve got a cold aswell as chest infec as u know! But my left arm keeps hurting & like i got a crawling sensation on my arm. Wether it,s because im low. I do also ly on my left arm so could be mixter of things. But it,s making me anxious a bit. Like hope it isn,t my heart what with all my coughing.

Annie0904
01-03-13, 20:30
I am sure it won't be your heart, it will be with lying on it. Also when you cough a lot it effects lots of muscles all over your body. I hope you get well soon. I hope our antibiotics start to take effect quickly xx

Inspires
01-03-13, 20:44
Annie,

I'm sending you healing get well soon wishes...

Love always,
Sue xxx

Annie0904
01-03-13, 20:48
Thank you Sue xx

Sunshine77
01-03-13, 22:33
Hi Annie just a quickie to say that I hope you get a good night's sleep and are well enough to enjoy the party tomorrow - if you're not they can always take it in turns to come up & sit by your bedside smoothing your fevered brow :)

Take care xx

Annie0904
02-03-13, 09:17
Thanks sunshine. I slept well but feel worse this morning. I am hoping it will get better as the day goes on.xx

Dazza123
02-03-13, 09:17
Hi Annie, hope you feel better soon. Gargling with soluable painkillers is good also, like aspirin or anadin extra, then spitting it out.

Annie0904
02-03-13, 09:54
Thank you Dazza, I will try that. I thought after starting the antibiotics it would be feeling better by now but it isn't :(

Annie0904
02-03-13, 14:55
The white spots on my tonsils look worse today and they are more swollen. Does that usually happen? I have been taking antibiotics since Thursday.

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

My lymph nodes are swollen too :(

Tessar
02-03-13, 15:02
I can't remember how long antibiotics take to work but I do believe there is a delay usually between taking them and once they start to work. I suppose they may stop the infection getting worse but meanwhile what's already going on would run its course so to speak.....so maybe that's y it's taking a bit longer, plus it does sound like a very nasty bout.

Annie0904
03-03-13, 10:46
I am beginning to think this may be viral tonsillitis and not bacterial as it is getting worse. The white spots on my throat are getting bigger, my ears are staring to ache and the glands in my neck are more swollen. I feel really yuck :weep::weep: and of course because I have something physical to worry about, it is making me more anxious :weep:

Serenitie
03-03-13, 11:02
So sorry to hear that you are suffering Annie :hugs: It may be worth checking with your GP to determine cause and rule out a separate viral infection running alongside tonsillitis. I had a chest infection this month and picked up a virus too as my immunity was so low. Having both at once wiped me out and caused a very flat mood and increased anxiety. Sometimes just understanding what you have and what to expect in terms of recovery can reduce anxiety.

Annie0904
03-03-13, 11:06
Thank you Serenitie, I saw the doctor on Thursday and he just said tonsillitis. He didn't take swabs so I guess he wouldn't know if it was bacterial or viral but gave me antibiotics just in case it is bacterial. I guess I will just have to give it time.

Serenitie
03-03-13, 11:09
Are you gargling and doing things to provide you relief in the meantime? A hot water bottle against your ear may help with ear pain and tension from clenching your jaw in response to the pain. I swear by a hot water bottle for most types of pain! :)

Annie0904
03-03-13, 11:21
Yes I am gargling with salt water, taking pain killers, antibiotics, drinking lots of water. I guess it just takes time :( I think I have got so run down recently that my immune system is very low.

Serenitie
03-03-13, 11:24
Snap! Sounds like you are doing all of the right things. Let this be a lesson to us both to take better care of ourselves in the future! :)

Annie0904
03-03-13, 11:32
It is after my accident last June. I couldn't get out and my anxiety got so bad I wasn't eating, worry about nor being able to get to work. Now that I have left work I don't have that worry so can focus better on getting well. When I get over this tonsillitis I am going to treat myself to some spa days :D

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

Most people I have spoken to have said they have stated to get better after 48 hours so I am wondering why I am getting worse :(

Serenitie
03-03-13, 11:42
It is after my accident last June. I couldn't get out and my anxiety got so bad I wasn't eating, worry about nor being able to get to work. Now that I have left work I don't have that worry so can focus better on getting well. When I get over this tonsillitis I am going to treat myself to some spa days :D

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

Most people I have spoken to have said they have stated to get better after 48 hours so I am wondering why I am getting worse :(

I remember your accident. It was your foot wasn't it? I'm glad that the pressure is off you and you have time to look after yourself now. Good for you, Annie. Spa days and plenty of you time is just what you need:yesyes:

I'm having a relaxing stay on a houseboat this evening :) Hopefully that will boost my recovery and allow me to de-stress and focus on relaxing.

There are some great websites for spa treatments. If you sign up to wowcher, wahanda and livingsocial they send you details of offers in your area at great rates - usually 50% off or more :)

Annie0904
03-03-13, 11:46
I got a living social deal for the spa at the end of my street and still have some treatment vouchers from Christmas to use.
A houseboat, that sounds fun :D Yes it was my foot.

Serenitie
03-03-13, 11:50
Get yourself better and off to the spa ~ doctors orders! :D All this talk of spas has put me in the mood for a bubble bath before I pack my overnight bag :) Have a good day and do something nice for yourself :yesyes:

Annie0904
03-03-13, 11:59
My sister in law bought me some Champneys bath cream and I have just had a lovely bath in that :D
Enjoy your evening :)

Tessar
03-03-13, 12:20
I am beginning to think this may be viral tonsillitis and not bacterial as it is getting worse. The white spots on my throat are getting bigger, my ears are staring to ache and the glands in my neck are more swollen. I feel really yuck :weep::weep: and of course because I have something physical to worry about, it is making me more anxious :weep:

Make sure u look after yourself, Annie. You've ad a very busy week remember and loads of stress.

Annie0904
03-03-13, 12:26
Thank you Tessar...I really hope I start to feel better soon x

fruity
03-03-13, 13:19
HEY ANNIE TAKE IT YOURE LIKE ME FEEL LIKE YOUR NOT GETTING BETTER WELL MY CHEST INFEC SEEMS LIKE THAT & IM SO LOW!. I WAS GOING TO ASK IF YOUR OK. BUT WE ARE DOWN IN THE DUMPS AREN,T WE. XXXXX:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Annie0904
03-03-13, 15:43
Fruity... hugs for you and I hope we both start to feel better soon :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

It seems to be getting even worse :( I am really struggling to swallow.

Tessar
03-03-13, 15:53
seems to be getting even worse :( I am really struggling to swallow.

U got any soluble aspirin (as pro clear) its a godsend

Annie0904
03-03-13, 16:14
I have soluble Anadin extra

fruity
03-03-13, 16:15
fruity... Hugs for you and i hope we both start to feel better soon :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

---------- post added at 15:43 ---------- previous post was at 13:20 ----------

it seems to be getting even worse :( i am really struggling to swallow.
i can imagine it,s hard to swallow. Well i,ve just coughd & a massive pain shot through my rib. & it hurt bad. Hope u get better soon. Thanx annie. Xxxxx

Annie0904
03-03-13, 18:57
So now I am really worried, a friend who is a nurse said that she got quinsy from tonsillitis :(

Sunshine77
03-03-13, 21:56
Sorry to hear you're no better Annie. Do you think it's worth going back to the doctors?

I have had quinsy when I had glandular fever years ago and it was horrid.... the only painkillers that really made a dent were co-codamol so if you have any of those, get them down you! They make you a bit woozy as well which helps with the sleeping (and the anxiety).

Bless you, I hope you feel better soon xxx

Annie0904
03-03-13, 21:58
Thank you Sunshine, if I am no better tomorrow I will call the doctor again.

Annie0904
04-03-13, 09:11
Even worse today :( Going back to doctors at 4:20

spottitchsam
04-03-13, 09:21
Even worse today :( Going back to doctors at 4:20

Morning Annie,you poor old thing.I'm waiting for a call from the gp about my medication.please let me know how you get on.do not forget you can ring me if you want.although at the moment it must be hard for you to speak without to much pain.better still you just email me.take care my friend.sending hugs hugs hugs.xxx

Annie0904
04-03-13, 09:23
Thank you Jean. Everything aches today, I feel dreadful and of course because I feel so ill physically it is making me more anxious. xx

Col
04-03-13, 09:25
XXXXXX Annie, I don't know but ive had one thing wrong with me after the other since new year, it's knocked my confidence and now I don't know if I'm as ill as I am or if my anxiety is making me panic and making me feel impending doom, at the moment. Doctors just stress me out even more. Ive had a gum infection, no antibiotics. But it's swollen at the sight of a cracked tooth, Good news is that its going down! I'm soooo fed up , trying to be positive. XXXXXXXX

spottitchsam
04-03-13, 09:27
I know Annie it's a vicious circle.xx

Annie0904
04-03-13, 09:53
I have phoned the doctors again because this is making me more anxious, they have put me down for a home visit.

spottitchsam
04-03-13, 10:06
Annie I'm so pleased you are getting seen sooner.I'm still waiting for a call from the duty doctor.my gp is still on holiday till next week.im hoping he will give me some good advice has he does not know me.I know he will read my notes but it still not the same has your own gp.hope all goes well.xxx

Annie0904
04-03-13, 10:11
Will let you know when I have seen the doc. My ears feel blocked today and my glands are swollen.

bernie1977
04-03-13, 10:54
Annie I'm so sorry things have gotten worse for you. Hope the Doctor comes soon. You might need a stronger dose of antibiotics as its seems like you have a really bad infection.

Take care xx

Annie0904
04-03-13, 10:59
Thanks Bernie. Since my accident last June it has just been one thing after another. All the strength has gone from me now, I just can't fight it anymore :weep:

bernie1977
04-03-13, 11:03
I know how you feel Annie. It's so hard when things are continually going against you, it's hard to stay positive. The illness you have now is making you feel low and it's not surprising. The illness will pass and you can continue the fight against your anxiety. Your strength will come back, you need rest to get over this illness then you'll be back fighting I promise you.

maximus1975
04-03-13, 11:34
hun youve just gotta take it real easy today im sure the dr will give you something that will kick in pretty quick, try not to get to anxious its treatable and will go away soon enough , ive had it bad before myself and its not nice just hang in there im sure within 48 hours you'll feel a whole lot better thinking of you my friend xxx

Annie0904
04-03-13, 12:09
The doctor has been and said it is a really nasty infection and my glands are like golf balls. She has changed my antibiotics to Erythromycin.

bernie1977
04-03-13, 12:14
Hope the new antibiotics kick in quickly. Just a word of warning and I don't mean to scare you, make sure you have something in your stomach as these tablets can cause stomach upset and the runs if taken on an empty stomach. I'm sure it will say on the label to take with or after food.

Annie0904
04-03-13, 12:18
It says it doesn't matter if you take it before or after food but I remember from having them before that they did upset my stomach :( Trouble is I can hardly eat anyway.

fruity
04-03-13, 12:38
it says it doesn't matter if you take it before or after food but i remember from having them before that they did upset my stomach :( trouble is i can hardly eat anyway.
hey annie i,ve posted a reply back to you on the orange lightning post by accident realy should of put it on these posts.

Laramacbain
04-03-13, 12:44
Hope you are feeling better soon, that is really not nice and very painful!! xx

Annie0904
04-03-13, 12:47
hey annie i,ve posted a reply back to you on the orange lightning post by accident realy should of put it on these posts.

I have seen it, Thanks Fruity :)

---------- Post added at 12:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 ----------

Hope you are feeling better soon, that is really not nice and very painful!! xx

Thank you :) It is very painful..just hoping I don't get side effects from tablets now!

bernie1977
04-03-13, 13:24
To avoid the risk of tummy trouble you are best to take them with food. I didn't want you to get upset tummy from them Annie as you have enough on your plate. My partner tolerates them fine so I hope you do too xx

Annie0904
04-03-13, 13:26
I have just taken my first one. I managed to eat a little sandwich before it.

bernie1977
04-03-13, 13:31
Ok, sincerely hope the antibiotics kick in soon. X

spottitchsam
04-03-13, 15:30
Annie glad that you have been seen and hope the pills start taking effect soon.my gp just rang and i need to go back up on my medication.take care.xxx

Annie0904
04-03-13, 15:32
We will get sorted one of these days Jean :hugs::hugs::hugs:

spottitchsam
04-03-13, 15:34
Ditto lets do it girl.xxx

Col
04-03-13, 16:33
Annie how are you feeling now? X

Annie0904
04-03-13, 18:15
Awful :( I have taken 1 of the new antibiotics so hope they start working quick. I feel so tired and drained.xx

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

Am I just really unlucky or what?!!! i just took my second antibiotic and the phone rang. The doctor asked if I had got my prescription yet. I said yes and she said well don't take any. I told her I have already taken 2 so she said well don't take any more as she has just checked and there is an interaction with my antidepressants :( She didn't say what but now I'm panicking!!

Sunshine77
04-03-13, 18:40
OMG - I would really have expected them to check that before they prescribed them to you?!?!?! So what happens now, do you go back to the original ones?

Have only just logged on today & seen how your day has been, you poor thing!!

I found you these flowers :flowers::flowers: but they are pretty rubbish, I think they must have been half price at the local petrol station. Have a :bighug1: instead.

Take care of you and I hope you start to feel better soon x

Annie0904
04-03-13, 18:45
It was the health practitioner who came out to see me and not a doctor so she said she will have to ask a doctor in the morning what to do...which leaves me worrying all night :(
Thank you for the flowers (don't worry that they were half price in the petrol station, its the thought that counts :D )and thanks for the hugs :D

Col
04-03-13, 19:11
Ohhhh gosh Annie , awful :bighug: health practitioner - that's a new one! I'd complain Annie, that could have been so dangerous, you don't need any more problems

Annie0904
04-03-13, 19:17
I have seen her before and she is lovely but I think she should be carrying the drug interaction book with her. I am totally fed up...I think my life could be a good reality TV show at the moment!

Col
04-03-13, 19:26
Ahh I know it's a genuine mistake and especially when it's someone nice,it's not nice complaining! Ahhh bless Annie, watch some good telly and drink plenty X

Annie0904
04-03-13, 19:29
She told me just to take paracetamol for now. I have also been taking manuka honey and gargling with salt water ans drinking a lot. x

Tessar
04-03-13, 20:51
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bigh ug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:At least they rang u about the interaction. I always check the Internet b4 taking anything, it was me who discovered that my partner couldn't take aspirin or paracetamol ..... Nit the bloomin doctors also that her blood pressure medication gives rise to bad reactions to bites and stings. Hopefully soon they will sort u out. I dunno.
:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::b ighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Annie0904
04-03-13, 21:10
I usually check meds but because dosulipin isn't often used now it isn't on the list online :(

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

i wish I had asked what the interaction is then I wouldn't be panicking and imagining all sorts of reactions!

Tessar
04-03-13, 21:58
I usually check meds but because dosulipin isn't often used now it isn't on the list online :(

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

i wish I had asked what the interaction is then I wouldn't be panicking and imagining all sorts of reactions!

Sweetie pie.... What you wanna do is take yourself to bed light out, relax and get a good night's sleep. Most often any interaction is a possibility, not a probability. Ooh, getting technical here. Anyway, c'mon it's bedtime. The hours of sleep before midnight are important (my mother always said that and I believe her)
My kittie is sitting her and in purr language she just said "tell Annie to curl up in bed with her kitties" they will make her puurfectly better. Soon she will be feline on top form....

Annie0904
04-03-13, 22:03
My kitties have now been put to bed after scattering their dried food all over the kitchen. I am going to watch the news then go to sleep..hopefully will wake up a bit better tomorrow. Have just gargled my throat with salt water...natures own antibiotic :) Night night :)

Sunshine77
05-03-13, 09:10
How are you feeling this morning Annie? :hugs:

Annie0904
05-03-13, 09:28
Worse :( The doctor hasn't phoned yet, I just ache all over, My ears are aching more, throat no better. I really can't take any more of this, I just seem to get rid of one thing and something else comes along...no fight left in me now :(

spottitchsam
05-03-13, 10:43
Worse :( The doctor hasn't phoned yet, I just ache all over, My ears are aching more, throat no better. I really can't take any more of this, I just seem to get rid of one thing and something else comes along...no fight left in me now :(

Oh Annie what can we do with you.I wish I was close enough to help you.hope you are seen soon.take care and try to keep positive.sending hugs hugs hugs.xxx

bernie1977
05-03-13, 13:05
Hi Annie, just dropped by to see how you are today. Sorry you're still not sorted medication wise. Hope you get some new antibiotics prescribed ASAP.

Don't worry about the drug interactions, I'm on trazodone which is trycilic based like yours and it says in the patient leaflet not to take eryromycin. The Doctors dont like to prescribe eryromycin with a trycilic as it can increase the side effects of the anti depressant and effect your blood levels. You only took two so you will be fine.

Take care and get well soon xx

maximus1975
05-03-13, 13:26
u will be better soon hun xxx

Annie0904
05-03-13, 13:44
Thanks, Jean, Bernie and maximus, I have been given Penicillin VK to take now so hope it works.

bernie1977
05-03-13, 15:18
Glad you've finally got something, it's awful having to wait for the Doctor ring when you feel so ill.

Fingers crossed they kick butt on this tonsillitis and do it quickly!!

Annie0904
05-03-13, 16:10
I hope so Bernie. It feels like the swelling is going down a bit but still have white spots on my tonsils. I have washed the kitchen floor and feel like I have ran a marathon x

spottitchsam
05-03-13, 16:58
I hope so Bernie. It feels like the swelling is going down a bit but still have white spots on my tonsils. I have washed the kitchen floor and feel like I have ran a marathon x

Hi Annie I hope that you are feeling a little bit better now.forget the cleaning for a day or so.just save your energy to get well quick.take care.xxx

Annie0904
05-03-13, 17:51
Thank you Jean. Hopefully these new tablets will work and I will be a bit more cheerful tomorrow :) xxx

bernie1977
05-03-13, 18:01
You naughty girl washing kitchen floors. YOU NEED REST!!

Annie0904
05-03-13, 18:20
:oopsie: Sorry Bernie :D

Tessar
05-03-13, 21:15
You naughty girl washing kitchen floors. YOU NEED REST!!

That's wot I said!!

Cleaning floors and any type of activity EXCEPT R&R IS :redcard::redcard::redcard::banned::banned::banned ::bansign::bansign::bansign:buttkick::buttkick::bu ttkick::

Annie0904
05-03-13, 21:19
Well, that's me told off then :D :scared10:

Tessar
05-03-13, 21:25
Well, that's me told off then :D :scared10:

Yeah u watch out or my mates will come and kick your butt.....
:buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick: :buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick:

Carry on being good and u might get some of these......

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::b ighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Are u watching the :footy::footy::footy::footy::footy::footy::footy:: footy:

Annie0904
05-03-13, 21:29
Yes I am watching footie :footy::footy::footy::footy::footy: and I would rather have :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: than :buttkick::buttkick::buttkick:

Tessar
05-03-13, 22:01
The footie didn't quite go to plan. I thought forgive was gonna bust a blood vessel....:curse::curse:

Here is a letter to your tonsils.....

Dear tonsils...will ya please leave my friend alone we know u r tryin at fight infection but enuf's enuf ya hear??
:mad::bansign::bansign::bansign::bansign::bansign: :finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

And here is one to yer antibiotics.....

Dear Annie's Anti-b's

Get workin' NOW or else I will come and :chairfall::chairfall::chairfall::chairfall::chair fall::chairfall::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::but tkick::buttkick:

Annie0904
05-03-13, 22:03
:roflmao: You have succeeded in making me laugh :D

bernie1977
06-03-13, 09:21
Are you feeling any better today Annie? I hope so x

Annie0904
06-03-13, 09:33
Thank you for asking Bernie. Felt awful when I first woke up but I have had some breakfast and a cup of tea and starting to feel a bit better. Really tired though but I guess that is my bodies way of saying I need to rest. I think it is developing into a cold as I have started sneezing (which is agony for my throat) xx

bernie1977
06-03-13, 09:39
Listen to your body and rest then young lady! STAY AWAY FROM THE MOP!!

Annie0904
06-03-13, 09:54
Haha..I have just put some washing in but won't do anything else (apart from take out out and put it in the dryer :)

spottitchsam
06-03-13, 13:21
Afternoon Annie,how are you feeling today,I've just got back from mother and toddlers.I took my 14month old granddaughter for a couple of hours.my daughter in law said I was doing her a favor by giving her a break.but it's the other way round my granddaughter takes me because if I never went I would just stay in.take it easy and let the housework wait.just get yourself fed and water and you will soon feel like your old self.xxx

Annie0904
06-03-13, 14:06
I have changed the bedding and done some other washing but that is all I am doing today. Starting to feel better, just exhausted. xx

Sunshine77
06-03-13, 20:32
Glad you're feeling a little better Annie. Listen to your body and get lots of rest and mindless telly or a good book. A nice grisly murder always works for me :)

:hugs:

Annie0904
06-03-13, 20:35
Oh no I couldn't watch a murder :scared15: I would watch Mrs Brown's Boys but it hurts my throat to laugh :D

Tessar
06-03-13, 22:11
Bedtime everybody...... Especially you, Annie.......lay off the housework!!!!!

Annie0904
06-03-13, 22:15
:D :noangel::noangel:

Serenitie
07-03-13, 00:51
Glad to hear you are feeling better :yesyes: Get plenty of rest while your immunity is building back up :hugs:

Annie0904
07-03-13, 00:56
Thank you Serenitie..I don't think I will get much rest tonight though. I just started another post after waking after a nightmare :(

Serenitie
07-03-13, 01:13
Oh I empathise. I have had so many nightmares since starting on escitalopram last year. It can be really unpleasant and unsettling. Try listening to a soothing meditation to ease you back into sleep. Lots to choose from here and they are all free: http://www.fragrantheart.com/cms/free-audio-meditations
Night, night & rest well :hugs:

Annie0904
07-03-13, 01:15
Thank you :)

panickyme
07-03-13, 03:52
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!! :hugs:

Annie0904
07-03-13, 09:57
Thank you :D

Annie0904
08-03-13, 12:25
9 days now and I think throat is improving a little but still have white spots on tonsils and painful when I swallow. Had an upset tummy all night last night. I am guessing it is a side effect from penicillin. If no better on Monday I will go back to the doctors.

Tessar
08-03-13, 13:29
GET WELL :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: FOR YOU

Annie0904
08-03-13, 13:38
Thank you Tessar :D

Annie0904
09-03-13, 14:19
At last...my throat is feeling better!!! I still have 6 days of nasty penicillin to take though :(

swgrl09
10-03-13, 03:12
Glad you are feeling better :)

Sunshine77
10-03-13, 08:40
So glad you're on the mend Annie - hope you have a good day today xx

Annie0904
10-03-13, 10:37
Thank you sunshine xx