PDA

View Full Version : I did it...I handed in my notice!

EmilyK83
01-03-13, 14:14
This morning I finally plucked up the courage to hand in my notice at work! :D

They've been treating me really badly since I was originally signed off, and being in the office just makes my anxiety worse.

I've accepted a job that's for 2 weeks every month - not great pay, but it gives me the time to focus on both my health and the freelance work that I'm trying to build up.

Mixed feelings as it's scary starting something new knowing that I don't have very high guaranteed income, but I think it's a step forward!

Annie0904
01-03-13, 14:40
Well done and I hope this will be the way forward for you. I know what you mean about mixed feelings. I have just left my job after 14 years but know that I need time to recover and I am so run down that I am getting one thing after another. I have tonsillitis now :(

Wolfie
01-03-13, 15:42
Congrats! :) It's more than just a step forward, it's a huge jump forward - you are doing something for you - you are doing what you feel is best and that's fantastic. It is scary, yes, I agree, but, you know what? It's also exciting. You have so much in store for you - be excited, and don't forget to look out for yourself :)

Edie
01-03-13, 21:27
Congratulations!

I hope it goes well for you :)

Sunshine77
01-03-13, 22:28
Oh well done Emily, that's great news!!! :yesyes:

They most definitely did not deserve you! You've taken a leap of faith and I am sure it will work out for you - and give you some much needed time to look after yourself too without all that bullying and pressure!

Great stuff x

EmilyK83
05-03-13, 08:44
Thanks guys! I've now been told that I don't need to work my full notice period too - as soon as I've finished handing everything over I can go, and they'll still pay me for the full month's notice period! Funny how they start being nice when they don't have to deal with me and my issues anymore... ;)