PDA

View Full Version : Something scary I read about Heart failure :(

Khadijah
01-03-13, 19:08
I am freaking out now like crazy :(

I read online < naughty me!!!!! That heart failure can be misdiagnosed as anxiety :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: It's my heart that I have anxiety about, so now I'm 10x times worse. Argggggh!

Do I feel this way from anxiety or freaking heart failure, grrrrrrrrrrrr

My mind is convinced I will soon have a heart attack or heart failure, is my body telling me there's something wrong, or is my anxiety convicning me to feel this way :(

Does anyone else feel convinced they will soon die this way :weep:

potato11
01-03-13, 19:17
where did you read that?

I presume they meant symptoms such as breathlessness may be thought of as panic but if you've had investigations (ECG etc) then they will definitely diagnose heart failure as there is certain criteria i.e. how much blood they can see flowing from the heart on an ECHO

no mistake about that

Khadijah
01-03-13, 19:20
where did you read that?

I presume they meant symptoms such as breathlessness may be thought of as panic but if you've had investigations (ECG etc) then they will definitely diagnose heart failure as there is certain criteria i.e. how much blood they can see flowing from the heart on an ECHO

no mistake about that

It said about the 'fluttering' feeling that anxiety suffers get in the chest, breathlessness when resting etc. I am freaking out now :/

I had the paramedics come a few weeks back, they did a test with little sticky pads on chest, ankles etc and printed out the results and all was fine. Was this an ECG?

I do have underactive thyroid, maybe this is causing my anxiety and any breathlessness.. argggh going mental

mrsnobody
01-03-13, 21:37
iam worried now too

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:33 ----------

where did you read about this?????

dlr108
01-03-13, 21:44
where have you read that?

theres no truth in this at all

with heart failure you will have lower leg edema abdominal edema inlarged liver rapid pulse when resting unable to walk down the road without feeling like you cant bresth short of breath while lying flat coughing up blood fainting and much more

while anxiety can produce some nasty symptoms it doesnt produce anything that heart failure does

stop googling lol

Khadijah
01-03-13, 22:45
where have you read that?

theres no truth in this at all

with heart failure you will have lower leg edema abdominal edema inlarged liver rapid pulse when resting unable to walk down the road without feeling like you cant bresth short of breath while lying flat coughing up blood fainting and much more

while anxiety can produce some nasty symptoms it doesnt produce anything that heart failure does

stop googling lol

You may yes, but as with all medical conditions, you won't have every symptom. The breathlessness it described was when lying down yes, and I often feel this way before a panic attack. So it is worrying :(

I don't know where I read this, and I won't google to find out incase I freak myself out more :(

Thank you so much for your post it has put my mind at rest a little :flowers:

dlr108
01-03-13, 22:53
no worries

i too was worrying about heart failure i used to think i had edema untill my gp while quiet annoyed st me clearly pointed out that i didnt have it so i know how you feel

the truth is if you had heart failure you would know about it

Khadijah
01-03-13, 23:15
no worries

i too was worrying about heart failure i used to think i had edema untill my gp while quiet annoyed st me clearly pointed out that i didnt have it so i know how you feel

the truth is if you had heart failure you would know about it

All I have is breathlessness which could be anything, and a 'constant thought' that I'll die of heart attack/failure. It's just this thought I cannot shift I'm going crazy :weep:

xBettyBoopx
01-03-13, 23:24
I have heart worries too for many years. I bet you could find a hundred posts from me here about being worried about heart, and just lately it's been a lot :wacko:

My father lived with congestive heart failure for many many years and died last year at 90 years of age from something else. ~RIP dad~

Els
xxx

Khadijah
01-03-13, 23:30
I have heart worries too for many years. I bet you could find a hundred posts from me here about being worried about heart, and just lately it's been a lot :wacko:

My father lived with congestive heart failure for many many years and died last year at 90 years of age from something else. ~RIP dad~

Els
xxx

Do you feel although your body/mind is telling you that you will soon have heart related problems (mines heart attack) and that these feelings are too strong to be anxiety?

That's exactly how I feel :(

xBettyBoopx
01-03-13, 23:35
Do you feel although your body/mind is telling you that you will soon have heart related problems (mines heart attack) and that these feelings are too strong to be anxiety?

That's exactly how I feel :(

Yes I think that I will have a heart attack. Half of my mind tells me it's indigestion or reflux or tension, other half screams at me heart attack!! I thought I was having a heart attack when I was 12 years old, you would think that I would be over the fear of it by now :mad::mad: By the way I am 55:shades::shades:

Nico
01-03-13, 23:37
Khandijah, I have exactly the same fear, I am only 17 and am convinced I have heart failure, I get random pains, palps, breathlessness and I am constantly thinking this is too much for just anxiety

Khadijah
01-03-13, 23:43
Yes I think that I will have a heart attack. Half of my mind tells me it's indigestion or reflux or tension, other half screams at me heart attack!! I thought I was having a heart attack when I was 12 years old, you would think that I would be over the fear of it by now :mad::mad: By the way I am 55:shades::shades:

Do you get these fears even when you haven't had any pain or anything to make you think that way?

---------- Post added at 23:43 ---------- Previous post was at 23:40 ----------

Khandijah, I have exactly the same fear, I am only 17 and am convinced I have heart failure, I get random pains, palps, breathlessness and I am constantly thinking this is too much for just anxiety

Woah, thank you for your reply, you instantly made me sigh relief!
Do you get these fears even when you have no symptom?
I seem to get them more when I am alone at night. Very rarely used to get them when I was out and about, and the last few weeks had them day and night in and out.

I am convinced by mind/body is warning me of my impending death via heart problem :wacko:

Doc said anxiety and sent me for counselling. I have thyroid problems so I am HOPING my levels are out and with correct dosage, I will feel much better!

Have you spoke to anyone about this Nico?

xBettyBoopx
01-03-13, 23:44
Do you get these fears even when you haven't had any pain or anything to make you think that way?

When I get breathless I also think about strain on the heart but usually it comes on when I have a twinge or pain.

I have no idea where these fears originate from:wacko:

Is this how you feel?

Khadijah
01-03-13, 23:47
When I get breathless I also think about strain on the heart but usually it comes on when I have a twinge or pain.

I have no idea where these fears originate from:wacko:

Is this how you feel?

They are more 'harsh' when I get a pain or twinge and I do seem to think everything I feel is a symptom of something or another, but most of the day I am just sat thinking 'I will have a heart attack/failure', I get these thoughts without any reason to think them, no pain or anything! Ruining my life :weep:

mnaha
09-04-16, 22:33

Betty , So sad our lives. I too at 61 have had that "maybe" heart attack when I was very young. I am not sure how old but I was only a mere lad. I hate that we have suffered all these years for nothing. Just so sad. I know this is an old thread but it brings tears to my eyes the waste we all are suffering of moments and hours that could have been used to be happy and useful:-(