PDA

View Full Version : so worried please help......

loobyloo
10-09-06, 00:21
hey guys,

well as some of you may know from the chat room, im getting married at the weekend :D to a fantastic man. But when i was younger i suffered from anorexia which may have been the cause or the cause of my social phobia. Now, even though i am over it, Im contantly worried what people think of me and unfortunately it restricts my life. i dont like going places on my own because of the thought of what people might be thinking/saying about me, or if i look at myself in the mirror i just see bad things. I cant take a compliment from people because i honestly dont see it, and so when i get married im really worried of what all the guests will all think of me, plus worrying like this may bring on a panic attack. Help!!!! :(

Fi x

Granny Primark
10-09-06, 08:49
Hi Fiona,

Firstly let me wish you all the very best for your wedding and wish you both a very happy life together.
The anticipation is far worse than the reality.
Easy for others to say but try to focus on you and your partner rather than the others at the wedding.
Hope you have a fantastic day and cant wait to seee you wedding photos.

Take care
LYNN xx

Eclipse
10-09-06, 10:59
Fi,

Firstly

CONGRATULATIONS & GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH!

Ditto to what Lynn & Heidi have already have said.

I also hope that you'll be so caught up in the excitement that your anxieties will be forced to take a back seat once 'they see' that the bond you & your new hubby share is stronger than anything they may try & throw at you on that day.

Loads of Best Wishes

Magz
XX

carlin
10-09-06, 16:16
Hi there, and congratulations, where's my invite though!!! Each and every one of your guests will be happy for you, they are your friends and family and wish you only happiness, you will be fine, of course nerves will play a small part, but that is very natural. You and your husband will look fantastic, you will have a wonderful day and so will all the people you have invited to share this day with you. Can't wait to see the photo's. take care and have a happy life together!!!! xxxJean

loobyloo
10-09-06, 16:46
aww thanks carlin, magz, loppylyn and hiddy :D

Im having quite a bad day today [V] its so dissapointing because i was feeling quite positive yesturday but today is a totally different story. I havent been out at all and i just feel like i want to curl up in a ball. Everytime i think about the wedding today i have nerves. I hope im a bit better by tomoro bcuz we have a hectic day planning the final preparations. Hopefully as well the rehersal will make me a little more relaxed. Fingers crossed [:I]

Thanks again guys for all ur msgs xx

"Now that drugs dont work, they just make you worse but I know I'll see your face again"

carlin
10-09-06, 16:51
Hi darling, right, i am allowing you to curl up in a ball for the length of time it takes to watch a dvd. then you are going to have something nice to eat, then you are going to have a lovely long soak in the bath, few candles and some music. Then you are going to have a nice early night, you are allowed to read for a while, and tomorrow will be fab. Now take care and say goodnight to granny-carlin xxx (jean)

loobyloo
10-09-06, 16:59
lol :D thanks carlin, i think that sounds like a brilliant idea. I'll give it a go.

'being happy isnt having everything you want, its wanting what you have'

loobyloo
10-09-06, 17:01
Oh and goodnight :D lol

Lindalou64
10-09-06, 17:59
congrats to you.......aw you will be fine hun......its ya nerves playing games with you...god i rememeber gettin married and thot i would just die but i didnt it was one of the best days of my life and i know it will for you also..............heres to ya .cheers...........Linda[8D]

surreylady
12-09-06, 09:33
Hope this helps....
When i got married I was suffering panic attacks and got all worked up about how I would be on the day.... but when it came I was so busy concentrating on my lines and my hubby that I forgot to panic lol. It really will be fine, just focus on you and your wonderful husband, and I am sure you will have a great day.

with love
Mandy xxx

positive attitude brings positive results

loobyloo
18-09-06, 22:49
Hello ladies and gents :)

Well I am now officially a Mrs. :D[Yeah!] I got married on Saturday, and I didnt have a panic attack!!!! I felt nervous and at first thought i wouldnt be able to get through it but i did it. I even went in a taxi to get my hair done and back (ok it was a private car, but still a taxi [:P]) and getting to the church I was fine, even during the ceremony where i thought i would want to turn around and run, I didnt!! and it flew by soooo fast. I am by no means over it because I woke up the next day feeling like i had been run over by a steam roller (maybe also due to the champagne :) hehe) but at least I managed to cope under pressure. I DID IT!!![8D]

carlin
24-09-06, 16:12
How fantastic.......now that made me cry this time!!!!! Still want to see some pics though. xxxxjean