PDA

View Full Version : Success

Rachy-Rach
02-03-13, 19:19
So I'm about a month off citalopram now :) I came off it because I want to start a family with my new husband. The withdrawal was pretty hellish, lasted about 3 weeks in all and I still feel forgetful and can't concentrate 100% but the physical symptoms have gone and I'm feeling ok. I have to write a whole thesis before May and although I'm feeling the pressure, I'm not feeling overwhelmed. I told my manager at work that I was coming off my meds and although she was concerned she reassured me that she has no worries at all about my ability to continue to perform well. I'm in charge now when i'm with staff more junior to myself which is worrying but I get through it. It was rough but I've done it and although I'm a little shakey I'm managing. Remember people, it's darkest before the dawn. I wasn't sure it I could make it just a few days ago and here I am now. Wishing you all success with whatever you choose to do x

steveo
02-03-13, 19:57
Very well done!!! I too came off last September.

Just remember that the medication is here whenever you need it, if you feel like things don't improve but I'm sure you are going to have a happy healthy anxiety free life! x

mrsnobody
02-03-13, 20:14
well done,

Rachy-Rach
02-03-13, 20:45
I'm no where near anxiety free!! Had a very sleepless night on Thursday... just trying to learn to cope without meds is all. It's not easy but I'm hoping it's achievable x

Sparkle1984
03-03-13, 13:25
Well done for getting to this point. :) Hopefully your body will soon adapt to being med free and the anxiety will start to subside.

NoPoet
04-03-13, 21:50
That's excellent news. The main thing is you were able to handle the withdrawal effects. Remember what you've learned and practice your coping strategies even when you think you don't need them any more.