PDA

View Full Version : Need help please

justice38
03-03-13, 00:49
Okay I had 4 good days that I thought how can I possibly feel this good. Then my stomach starts getting queasy my fissure starts bleeding again and my trips to the restroom are less than perfect. I yelled at my wife because she didn't answer her cell phone. What an ass. Any way I was looking through this health book that I had and it said if you have constipation it has to be an obstruction possibly colon cancer or something else serious. I rationalize this and I think we'll I've had constipation or diarrhea since I was 12 years old but the other thing it said was if your stools are flat that is a sign. My stools are kind of flat. I get traveling stomach aches from just below my sternum to my pelvis both sides. Other IBS symptoms too.
Lots of trapped gas (can't figure that one out)
Nausea when I drink to much water (seems odd)
I guess my question is does anyone else start to get better and then revert back

Does anyone else have these symptoms

Please help am in a panic no one gets what I'm going through I need help

Eek
03-03-13, 03:10
I don't know what health book you were reading but if I were you I'd throw it away. Everyone gets constipated at one time or another - does everyone have a blockage or colon cancer? No they don't. Also flat stools indicating colon cancer is also a myth, soft stools get squished and come out thin or flat.

justice38
03-03-13, 03:36
Thanks. I will throw it away.

Dan21
03-03-13, 07:15
Hi Justice.

I had a very similar episode a few months ago. I was TOTALLY convinced I had colon/bowel cancer as I had constipation and some very uncomfortable feelings in my mid to lower abdomen. These grumbles and pains would move around from just beneath my sternum to practically anywhere else downward. I can't begin to tell you how scared this made me feel.

But I think it was the fear and anxiety that made the symptoms worse. My anxiety started to worsen the symptoms on a subconscious level and I though that the fact this discomfort/constipation was ongoing only proved my arguement I had something seriously wrong with me!

I ended up going to my GP and explaining everything. He examined me and said three letters to me:

IBS

I'd suggest going to see your doctor if you haven't already. I'm sure they will be able to put your mind at rest and if you're anything like me, just having a doctor tell you your symptoms aren't anything life threatening will have a real positive effect on your symptoms.

Best,

D

justice38
03-03-13, 11:34
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to do something to help probably see a doctor. I just woke up its 3:30 am here and I snapped awake with butterflies in my stomach scared crazy. I have never done drugs in my 46 years but I swear if I could find something to get rid of this f###ing feeling I would take it and deal with the fallout

God help me