PDA

View Full Version : withdrawal from pregabalin

spottitchsam
03-03-13, 08:34
Hi guys I have and will carry on reading the post about this it's I just wanted some instant answers .on the 25th February I started to introduce the pill pregabalin 25mg twice a day .I had already been taking the lorazepam 1mg 3 times a day,so my gp told me to reduce the lorazepam to 1mg twice a day for 5 days,then reduce again to 1mg once a day for a further 5 days.well I reduced to twice a day with no problems at all but yesterday was the 1st time on just 1 1mg a day.I had now been also taking the pregabalin pill from the 25th.
The question I want someone to answer is,after a very disturbed night whenever I woke up I was panicky and it could have easily gone into a panic attack if I did not fight it.my hubby said it might be me thinking oh no I am not going to be able to cope because they are taking my pill away from me.or could it be a withdrawal symptom anyway.So do I ring up the gp and ask him for me to go up to twice a day again or do I sit and ride this out.I have got full support from a loving family.my hubby 2daughters,2sons,daughter in law,even my young 12 year old granddaughter.thanks for reading guys and I hope somebody can help me.
Have a good day whatever you may be doing.xxx

BobbyDog
03-03-13, 11:19
I would talk to your doctor for reassurance, but it sounds as though the increased anxiety may be caused by the reduction in lorazepam and your GP is trying to get you off it.
Hope you get it sorted and start to feel better very soon Jean.x:hugs::hugs:

spottitchsam
03-03-13, 12:15
I would talk to your doctor for reassurance, but it sounds as though the increased anxiety may be caused by the reduction in lorazepam and your GP is trying to get you off it.
Hope you get it sorted and start to feel better very soon Jean.x:hugs::hugs:

Thanks bobbydog, I was hoping it is something like that.I will contact him tomorrow morning.have a good day x

spottitchsam
03-03-13, 18:03
sorry wrong pill im coming off the larazepam not pregablin.
x

Gilbertine
03-03-13, 22:30
I reckon it could be the pregabalin causing the anxiety. I came off pregabalin recently because it was giving me panic attacks and I felt jittery on it all the time.

spottitchsam
04-03-13, 08:30
I reckon it could be the pregabalin causing the anxiety. I came off pregabalin recently because it was giving me panic attacks and I felt jittery on it all the time.

Morning gilbertine thanks for reply,I never thought that it could be the pregabalin pill that maybe is to blame.Will be speaking to the gp in a while so I will see what they say.hope you are well.x

BobbyDog
04-03-13, 14:37
Let us know what the doctor says Jean.x
sarah.

spottitchsam
04-03-13, 15:18
Bobbydog, the gp must have seen your message he has just rang and said I was to go back to taking 2 lorazepam a day until I see my own gp next Tuesday.he reckons I was coming off them to quick.I was only doing what the other gp told me.still heres to a better night sleep.thanks for asking and I hope that you are feeling well.

BobbyDog
04-03-13, 19:35
Bobbydog, the gp must have seen your message he has just rang and said I was to go back to taking 2 lorazepam a day until I see my own gp next Tuesday.he reckons I was coming off them to quick.I was only doing what the other gp told me.still heres to a better night sleep.thanks for asking and I hope that you are feeling well.

Glad you got some reassurance Jean, all the best, keep us posted.
sarah.x:hugs:

spottitchsam
04-03-13, 20:24
bobbydog will do.thanks xxx