PDA

View Full Version : I was doing so well..!

lily413
03-03-13, 12:13
Hi everyone,

I'm back after less than a week of doing really well :weep:

For the past few days I have experienced discomfort (more a dull pain) behind my right lower ribs, I suppose where my liver is. It feels worse when I press my ribs. My ribs in that area seem to go in a little compared to the left hand side and there seems to be a bigger gap between 2 of my bottom lower ribs on my right side compared to my left side.

I recently had my bloods done and my iron levels were really high and one of enzymes in my liver is high. I told my doctor that I had been taking iron tablets for over a year, although I did stop taking them a month or so ago (apparently I was only supposed to take them for 3-6 months!!!) and she said that both things on my blood test are almost definitely caused by taking iron tablets for so long and to have another test in 4 weeks.

Anyway, has anyone experienced anything similar? Can my liver/ribs become sore from taking too much iron? Could I have done damage to my liver??

I'm scared and confused and so upset that I only lasted a few days of not be out of control with anxiety.

lily413
03-03-13, 18:28
Anyone? :unsure: