PDA

View Full Version : Another cold? One nostril only?

Bonnibelle
03-03-13, 15:00
I had a cold and congested ears for 2 weeks last month, I ended up in pain and needing antibiotics for sinusitis. I finished then two weeks ago and yesterday I started with tickly nose, throat and sneezing a little. My husband started with a heavy cold this week so I assumed it was just that. I am worrying though as in bunged up only on left side, same side I had the sinusitis. I do usually have colds in one nostril but I'm worried it means I've sinusitis again:((( I felt fine after the antibiotics, no further symptoms.

I've no pain like last time or yellow discharge but just that left side is so bunged up and pressure up the nostril, if anything does come out when I blow, its clear. I also feel weak and washed out today, I was awake worrying 2-5 this morning. My husband said he felt weak and terrible with the cold.

Can you get a cold again so soon? Can it be one nostril only? Feeling really worried I will need antibiotics again and I will be told I've chronic sinusitis:(

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

Forgot to add I do suffer from nasal polyps occasionally and I'm on a steroid spray to keep them at bay.

I used to fear meningitis and suffered alot from sinus problems, I did too much reading about meningitis being a complication. I don't want that fear back:(((