PDA

View Full Version : Skype

Panic Manic
03-03-13, 19:04
Would anyone be up to using skype, even for just text chat?

xtremx
03-03-13, 19:29
Hi Panic Manic,,, Skype sounds good but only text chat for me camera shy lol..

Its a good way aswell if we havve a few people as I always have a laptop or phone on me for a quick reply...If someone needs a chat..

:)

Panic Manic
03-03-13, 19:31
Cool, I'll PM you my skype. :)

blue moon
03-03-13, 23:11
I was on Skype and facebook but close them down because who i thought was nice person on here turn out to be mean and nasty.

Panic Manic
03-03-13, 23:47
I was on Skype and facebook but close them down because who i thought was nice person on here turn out to be mean and nasty.

That's a shame :(

:hugs:

steveo
17-03-13, 12:03
I was about to start the same thread. I would love to have a chat to people on skype.

Anyone can feel free to add me stevenprebble Please just drop me a PM or a message on skype to let me know who you are etc.

I look forward to having some skype chats with people!!!

Steven

ricardo
17-03-13, 12:52
steveo ,

Didn't you say in an earlier thread of yours that you didn't realise that this was an open forum and therefore changed your picture so that you wouldn't be recognised and now you give out your Skype name .

steveo
17-03-13, 13:17
No longer overly bothered. Might remove it one day. If this was a cancer forum then I wouldn't be bothered with people knowing. I am slowly becoming more and more open to let the world know that I suffer with anxiety etc.

Good point though! Feel free to add me on skype if you're a skype user Ricardo :)

Steve37
17-03-13, 13:38
No longer overly bothered. Might remove it one day. If this was a cancer forum then I wouldn't be bothered with people knowing. I am slowly becoming more and more open to let the world know that I suffer with anxiety etc.

Good point though! Feel free to add me on skype if you're a skype user Ricardo :)

??

steveo
17-03-13, 13:58
Steve37: I made a point a while back to make sure my real name wasn't linked in anyway to NMP so google searches of my name wouldn't come up with anything I've posted on here.
Reason being I didn't want people knowing my personal and private details about my struggles with anxiety and panic. Very few people who know me, know about my issues.

But I no longer care. I feel telling people about anxiety and depression is a very hard thing to do as it's subjective.

Don't worry about it.....

Steve37
17-03-13, 14:29
Steve37: I made a point a while back to make sure my real name wasn't linked in anyway to NMP so google searches of my name wouldn't come up with anything I've posted on here.
Reason being I didn't want people knowing my personal and private details about my struggles with anxiety and panic. Very few people who know me, know about my issues.

But I no longer care. I feel telling people about anxiety and depression is a very hard thing to do as it's subjective.

Don't worry about it.....

Ok, but why the cancer comment?

Pipkin
17-03-13, 15:11
Ok, but why the cancer comment?

Not that I'm speaking for Steven, but I interpreted his comment to mean that people are much more open in speaking about physical illnesses and that there's still so much stigma attached to mental illness. Members are generally very wary about people they know reading about their illness which is easily done through search engines etc.

The majority of people on here remain anonymous on the open forums but, on other forums I use that don't concern mental illness, people are much freer in saying who they are.

Pip

steveo
17-03-13, 15:32
Pip is correct. Sorry I'm not very good at explaining myself (I blame the constant brain fog and sedation from my medication).

I meant I wouldn't feel I would care if I was anonymous on a physical illness forum but I find that I would rather not let anyone I know, know that I have a mental 'illness' because of the stigma. I didn't mean any offence in anyway towards cancer. It was just an example of a physical illness that one might get. I didn't mean any offence in any way at all.

I'm in NO WAY relating a mental illness to cancer either.

My main point I'm trying to put across that you so gracefully have digressed from, is that I'm asking if anyone would like to add me on Skype so we can have a chat whether it be about panic/anxiety/depression/other symptoms/or even just a nice chat with another human being that is suffering. That was all I was trying to say.

I didn't know that what I thought was a nice thing to do, would turn into the Spanish inquisition.

Steven

smit
18-03-13, 19:04
Allo :D

I'm on skype would love to talk to some peeps on there :D

It's Zirolyte (smit) if you wana add me just tell me who you are :D