PDA

View Full Version : First Tattoo.

Steve37
03-03-13, 20:06
I want a tattoo, my first one, but i'm really anxious about it. I'm worried about getting infected, or having a reaction to the ink.(I've heard that black ink is the least likely to start a reaction) Can anyone on here with tattoos give me some advice please???:):yesyes:

lashes
03-03-13, 20:13
Hiya I am actually going to get my first one next week ! So I don't have any experience I think just make sure you got to a reputable place try and read some reviews and when you go in see if it looks hygienic , I am abit worried about the infection thing but I was told if you look after it properly whilst it heals that's the main thing and use the cream that they recommend if you don't usually have reactions I'm sure you will be fine :)

mikewales
03-03-13, 20:18
Reactions to inks are extremely rare, so I wouldn't worry about that. Go to a reputable tattooist who is registered with the local council and you will know that their hygeine standards are good ( a lot of the ones who work from home don't have autoclaves, which are vital to sterilise the equipment ! ).

Steve37
04-03-13, 13:42
Got 1! Didn't hurt anywhere near as i thought.:D

bernie1977
04-03-13, 13:45
What did you have done?

xtremx
04-03-13, 13:58
Cool you got your tat done.

I had my first when I was 17. It took 8 hours lol it hurt a bit.

That was now 24 years ago and I still want some more.
I think the question about reactions to ink is a good one and I know that the compound that makes the ink has changed over the years to make it a lot safer.

I was lucky my tats where all free bro inlaw is from a tattooing family lol

You planning on any more now you got the bug.... Before I suffered from anxiety I was going to be naughty and have my face tattoed but I hear it is painfully as on the bone so chickened out lol

Steve37
04-03-13, 14:02
Cool you got your tat done.

I had my first when I was 17. It took 8 hours lol it hurt a bit.

That was now 24 years ago and I still want some more.
I think the question about reactions to ink is a good one and I know that the compound that makes the ink has changed over the years to make it a lot safer.

I was lucky my tats where all free bro inlaw is from a tattooing family lol

You planning on any more now you got the bug.... Before I suffered from anxiety I was going to be naughty and have my face tattoed but I hear it is painfully as on the bone so chickened out lol

Thinking about more lol. Do i need to put more clingfilm on when i've washed it? Or just leave it? Ive put bepanthen on.

xtremx
04-03-13, 14:13
The use of the cling film is only if you are bleeding abut but that should have stopped now I would just say wash it with just water (no soap) for a few days and pat dry. And you should be right as rain.

saro
04-03-13, 16:21
Find a decent tattoo artist and just go and have it done :D

Simple as that! Don't think about it too much.

Steve37
04-03-13, 16:36
Find a decent tattoo artist and just go and have it done :D

Simple as that! Don't think about it too much.

I did, and i didn't!:yesyes:

mikewales
04-03-13, 16:43
I always just wash with Dove soap as it has no crap in it, rinse off and let air dry, then a thin layer of bepanthen and leave it open to the air as much as possible.

p.s. if you worry about the pain, never get your ribs done, it is really bad, and about the worst place on the body

ScheifferB
05-03-13, 00:37
I had my first tattoo inspired from my battle with depression and anxiety, now every time I have anxiety or a panic attack or even a bout of depression, I look down at my tattoo and think "You're on me for life with a positive message, you're dragging me through everything"

:) Plenty of Bepanthem