PDA

View Full Version : Cholesterol test.. petrified

Hypo
03-03-13, 20:57
My GP wants to check my cholesterol. I have multi lipomas and sometimes it can be a sign of high cholesterol apparently. It also runs in my family.

I will have the blood test on Thursday so I can get the results on Monday and then I can get an appointment the same week. If I got it done tomorrow I may have to wait a whole week to get seen so I would rather get the results at the start of the week.

I am 31 years old, I quit smoking a year ago, lost 5 stone and now very slim but I am so scared it is going to be so high that I might be told I could have a heart attack at any time.

lindajane1971
03-03-13, 23:38
Hi there,
Your doctor is doing his job properly in suggesting you get the test, and it's a good test to get as getting high cholesterol down (if you have it) is a very good thing for good long term health. And even if it is high a good diet and stopping smoking and losing weight is how it is normally treated before opting for meds and you've already done a fantastic job stopping the smoking and losing so much weight. so I would think you would have a good chance of having normal levels. If its genetically high then simple meds would take it down to normal, I have a few family members on meds for it and they have had no side effects at all.
Good luck xxxx