PDA

View Full Version : anyone there? :-(

mila
03-03-13, 22:48
Hi,

I have developed another issue yesterday and now i am really getting wound up about it.

I really need some reassurance because my brain has been fighting all day trying to decide what is wrong with me- something serous like dvt or something naive like strain.

We drove to london yesterday to visit some friends, it's only a two hour drive though, so not really a long haul flight! At one point in the afternoon, we were just coming back from shopping, i stepped out of the car and felt pain in my knee as i stood on that leg. It's been there on and off since. It was just right on my knee, it felt like the pain was on the bone itself. And only when walking or moving the knee as if i'm walking. Not hurting if i sit down or stand still. This morning when i woke up i didn't feel anything, even forgot about it. Then few hours after i got up it suddenly started again. I started having the doom and gloom feeling. We went to town today again, i wasn't really in the mood cause i am so worried but had to look for some stuff. I managed to walk around although it was hurting. It is not a debilitating pain, sometimes it's barely noticable but of course i will notice it. This evening i felt tingling in my foot at one point and i freaked out. Then some aches around my hip and groin. And at various places around my leg. Nothing that would normally get me thinking anything but now cause of the knee pain it fuels my fear. My leg looks absolutely normal, an't see anything different about it, and i keep trying to tell that to myself but i still worry about dvt.
I do sometimes get a bit of pain in my knees when i put pressure on them when i exercise. Some weeks ago my knees were giving way when i was on my cross trainer but i put it down to being tired and unfot as i wasn't exercising for a while.

Please can someone help me cause i am just going crazy here.

My partner kept saying if it was him he wouldn't even think about it, i was in the car a lot yesterday with knees bent and maybe i strained it, that's all. Which was not helping cause he just reminds me about sitting in the car for a while and that worries me more making me think it's the thing i worry about...

Pipkin
03-03-13, 22:57
Hi there,

Of course, none of us can diagnose you and if your pain gets worse, you should see your GP. Having said that, I think your boyfriend's hit the nail on the head. People get these types of aches and pains all the time and hardly notice them, let alone worry about them. We're just much more sensitive to small symptoms and changes in our bodies.

If it's any consolation, I had very similar symptoms last week which have now gone. I put it down to a minor sprain or strain from when I was out walking.

Take care

Pip