PDA

View Full Version : I really think I have a brain tumor

djsandra
04-03-13, 00:15
I'm really scared right now, since February of last year I've had strange dizziness that's seems to come from my right ear. Both of my ears are clogged and I can't really clear them and it seems that my right ear has more pressure,and I think this is because of my food allergies, but I have several symptoms that have lead to me to believe I have a brain tumor. My dizziness is on and off. It seems like it started to get worse when I started to speculate I have a brain tumor. I have this heaviness in my right ear that feels worse when I am more dizzy. My right eye feels heavy and slightly weaker, and it feels heavy under my right ear today, as well as above my ear. I've tried everything to unclog my ears, but they won't. I'm so scared, right now, and I want to kill myself because if I go to a doctor they will probably find out that I have a brain tumor and I will suffer in the hospital and will die in the hospital, and if I don't see a doctor then it will get worse and I will suffer anyways. I felt much better yesterday, and during the summer it was almost gone but it came back as school went on. I am 16 years old and I have been suffering from various anxiety disorders, particularly hypochondria for quite sometime. But now, I'm convinced that this is real and that I'm just so screwed. Last spring, the doctors checked me over, including my ears and said I was perfectly healthy. I'm always so stressed out because of school and other factors, but now I think that I am in so much trouble and its nothing but suffering ahead for me.

Khadijah
04-03-13, 09:47
Hi Djsandra, I am sorry you are feeling this way :(

Did the Doctors check your ears after you started experiencing the dizziness and other symptoms?
It doesn't sound like a tumour to me, although I am not a doctor, my friend has a tumour and has the worst pain ever in her head, she'd hit her head against the wall that's how bad it was! Seizures, headaches, drowinzness, feeling sick/being sick etc
I really wouldn't worry over your dizziness, it sounds like an ear infection to me, and If related with eye pain, maybe you need to be checked for glasses too?

Could be sinus related too, that can cause alot of pressure.

I know how you feel, I don't have any symptoms yet I am convinced I'll die of a heart attack any day now. These thoughts are taking over my life.

No one can make you feel better, you have to fight this. Do not google...

Has doctor suggested CBT or anything for your health anxiety?

djsandra
04-03-13, 19:07
Yes, they did check my ears, the first doctor said there was some fluid in my right ear (the one that causes the problem), but the second one said there wasn't, so I'm a bit confused, thank you for your replies, I really appreciate it!

Khadijah
04-03-13, 19:24
Yes, they did check my ears, the first doctor said there was some fluid in my right ear (the one that causes the problem), but the second one said there wasn't, so I'm a bit confused, thank you for your replies, I really appreciate it!

Maybe get a second opinion, really does sound like a blockage to me, or sinus :)