PDA

View Full Version : Hi

littlevoice
04-03-13, 01:35
Hi everyone I am Littlevoice.

I have been paralyzed by fear related to AVPD since I was 13. It started when I started to develop skin problems and was made worse after a very bad experience at school when I was bullied during a fire drill. These kids kept coming up and screaming in my face because I looked like a freak to them. I didn't defend myself and they kept on at me.

It hasn't helped that I was born naturally shy in the first place.

I stopped going to school and soon after stopped going out entirely. My childhood was over. I have spent years in and out of therapy but it didn't change anything.

I've also tried to apply for jobs and college courses but always ended up bottling out. Now I'm finally starting to fight against it, but its incredibly difficult. Every time I try and do something i get an overwhelming urge to run.

nomorepanic
04-03-13, 01:47
Hi littlevoice

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Gotagetthroughthis
04-03-13, 02:04
:welcome:

Mark13
04-03-13, 16:05
Glad to have you with us.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

littlevoice
04-03-13, 19:50
Thanks everyone for the nice welcome!

And to Mark, I would just like to say I think you have a great avatar ;) All wednesday aren't we!

Louise_B85
18-03-13, 18:47
To mark and little voice yeah we def are all wednesday :yesyes:
If you want to chat little voice send me a message.