PDA

View Full Version : Good thing I can type because it hurts to talk!

Orange Lightning
04-03-13, 10:47
3 days after having open surgery on my appendix and now I'm in worse pain than BEFORE the appendix was removed. The pain radiates across my whole body, especially my dides and chest. Everything hurts; every position I sit or stand it, everything I eat and even breathing or talking which cause the worst pains of all. Did I get a blood clot without realising or is this just gas? Apparantly I should've cleared ny bowels by now but I still can't pass gas or anything other than urine. I belched at one point but this caused horrid pain simlar to when I... well, breath! What can I do? It's hard to distract myself when painkillers do nothing and I'm being forced to hyperventilate. :(

Annie0904
04-03-13, 10:50
I have never had my appendix removed so can't really comment on that but I did have lots of pain after I had my gall bladder removed and it was mostly wind. It took over a week to go. Walking around helped and I also took windeez tablets.

fruity
04-03-13, 12:30
Well i went out clubbing 2 days after having my gallbladder removed. . Very wrong & i do regret it now. Should of took it easy... That was almost 7yrs ago! How u feeling today annie? I wasn,t going in work tea time but i am now it may get me more ready for my morning job in the morning. I feel a little better but still not up for anything im weak & feel so low & my cough seems to b going hopefully

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

3 days after having open surgery on my appendix and now i'm in worse pain than before the appendix was removed. The pain radiates across my whole body, especially my dides and chest. Everything hurts; every position i sit or stand it, everything i eat and even breathing or talking which cause the worst pains of all. Did i get a blood clot without realising or is this just gas? Apparantly i should've cleared ny bowels by now but i still can't pass gas or anything other than urine. I belched at one point but this caused horrid pain simlar to when i... Well, breath! What can i do? It's hard to distract myself when painkillers do nothing and i'm being forced to hyperventilate. :(
orange lightning u won,t clear your bowls out yet. I,d give it another couple of days but in the meantime drink orange juice,veg,fruit,bran. Or just simply try orange juice & chocolate together that should get u going. & if u can try moving around gently.. . & take slow breaths if u can! Im force breathing at the moment because i got chest infec but my back hurts wits it too like my shoulder bladez & it,s making me force breath