PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else find back/neck pain..?

shaunnajadelle
04-03-13, 16:10
Hello,

I always seem to have neck/spine/back pain. I don't know whether this is related to anxiety? I'm told that I might be 'laying funny' but I've known of 2 people who have had neck pain and it has been brain tumours :-( Really getting worked up, can anybody provide any reassurance? Doctor says it's 'muscular strain' yet I'm not completely convinced... Thanks guys

Annie0904
04-03-13, 16:14
It can also be tension caused by anxiety. I have been going to see a physio as my neck and back muscles are really tense.

Jen Sat
04-03-13, 16:20
Hi, funnily enough, I have just come from the docs because i had a tender lump on my neck since last week. With my anxiety I thought it was all kinds of things. She felt it and told me it was the muscle and gave me a few exercises to try. With anxiety I am always tense so it all made sense, feel so much better since speaking with the gp. If your interested the exercise is: bring you chin as close to your chest as possible and then place your hands on your head and gently pull down closer to your chest, hold for 20 secs, and repeat 5 times. Do this 5 times a day. I will be doing them. The doctors are the experts and known the signs to look out for for anything more sinister. Hope this helped. :)

shaunnajadelle
04-03-13, 16:21
Hello,

Thank you for your replies :) I was just getting worried as I was thinking, I can't always have muscular strain surely! Thanks for those exercises too,I will definitely give them a try!

xx