PDA

View Full Version : new film....... called side effects

oh no_1
04-03-13, 18:02
anyone seen the advertisement for the new film advertised called side effects?

he film concerns the ramifications of an event following a young woman being prescribed antidepressant drugs.

what u all think of it?

vicky23
06-03-13, 17:20
As far as I can tell it's a thriller so it's aim will be to get the viewers pulse racing, it's not based on scientific fact or drug trials or real life.
On saying that as a person prone to anxiety I certainly wont be watching it because I don't want to expose myself to that seed of thought 'what if this happens to me?'

swgrl09
06-03-13, 17:44
I read about it and I can post what it is about, but don't want to post spoilers if anybody is looking to see the movie!!

But really you have nothing to worry about, it's all fictional and they do use a fictional drug to my knowledge. If you read the whole synopsis on wikipedia or something you'll feel better about it I think.

Sparkle1984
08-03-13, 15:00
I've just read a review of it in my local newspaper. I don't like the sound of this film - I think it could add to the stigma people face. It could potentially deter people from getting the help they need and from talking about their issues. I don't like the way it portrays someone with anxiety/depression as being violent, when in fact people with these illnesses are more likely to harm themselves than others. So I don't think its a film I'll be watching.

sarahsarah
08-03-13, 15:04
I go to the cinema a lot but I won't be going to see this as I go and see films to escape from my HA, not exacerbate it. I know it is only fiction and sensationalised fiction at that, but I have seen the trailer for this and I don't want to risk it.

Also it looks a bit rubbish, ha ha.

fishman65
11-03-13, 21:58
I just read a review of the film in The Guardian. Directed by Steven Soderbergh,it seems to be quite a dark film but yes the drugs featured appear fictitous.