PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety worse at night?

Khadijah
04-03-13, 18:21
When I am out, and about, my anxiety seems to be very minimal.

Night time comes, and I'm alone, and it sets in...

Anyone else feel this way too?

chloevictoria
04-03-13, 18:41
I certainly do!! I definitely feel better if I'm busy :)

Khadijah
04-03-13, 18:41
I certainly do!! I definitely feel better if I'm busy :)

Yay! Not just me being abnormal then ;)
Sorry to hear you feel this way too :(

I can feel like this during the day, but usually when I'm bored!

kerri
04-03-13, 19:39
Night is the worse time for me, im anxious all the time but as soon as its dark my anxiety goes into overdrive and it is so hard not to reach for the phone and ring an ambulance

Khadijah
04-03-13, 21:48
Night is the worse time for me, im anxious all the time but as soon as its dark my anxiety goes into overdrive and it is so hard not to reach for the phone and ring an ambulance

Same! I was feeling fine, and has a pain (indigestion!) and freaked out! Then start to feel dizzy, and heavy breathing, which makes me think something is wrong!

I called my dad freaking out. :weep:

Starting to calm down now..

Anyone else have heart related anxiety?

lizzie29
04-03-13, 22:00
Definitely! I don't have health anxiety, but my anxiety tends to be worse at night, even if I'm in the same situations in the day when I was fine! I'm not consciously scared of the dark or anything, so I've no idea why!

Khadijah
04-03-13, 22:26
Definitely! I don't have health anxiety, but my anxiety tends to be worse at night, even if I'm in the same situations in the day when I was fine! I'm not consciously scared of the dark or anything, so I've no idea why!

Hmm it may be because alot panic attacks happen at night (tiredness?) and when dark sets, we relate back to previous attacks?

Just a guess:)