PDA

View Full Version : why am i feeling like this is this really anxiety?

tricia56
04-03-13, 21:40
hi ive been feeling so bad the last 3days as as soon as wake i start to feel anxouse and it seems to get worse as the day goes on my arms go weak i get pains in my chest i get a overwelming fear of panick whicjh lasts a few mins at atime i feel as if i cant breathe which that lasts for a few mins at a time and when its like it i just want to cry because i feel so scared and no matter wat i try to do to distract my self but it still happens, i know i have been diognosed with GAD and HA but its never seemed to be this bad before and yesterday i thought maybe im dying and its not anxiety its a phyical illness ive got even tho ive had bloods done and been checked over from gp . i have been poorly the last 2wks with a bad virus and a ear infection and i had to take antibiotics for a week which i didnt want to take because the fear of bad side effects as i havent took any kind of medication for 5yrs or more but i managed to take them and my son whos 27 has started to have fits and im petried in case he has one infront of me as ive never seen anyone have one before and i dont know if i would cope . i even went to see gp today because of the way im feeling but i couldnt see my usaly gp so saw some one else who ive never met before and told him how im feeling and he just gave me antidepressants to take which i dont want to take because im so scared of side effects . so can any one give me any advice on weather its just a setback because ive been ill etc thk you

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

maybe no one can give me advice on here

Annie0904
04-03-13, 21:51
Hi Tricia, After being unwell it always make my anxiety worse so I am sure this is what is a happening to you. With regards to the medication though, I just thought that I felt so very ill with the anxiety that I would be prepared to go through a few weeks of side effects just to get relief from the anxiety. x

tricia56
04-03-13, 22:03
hi annie thk you for replying the anxiety just makes me feel so scared even tho i know it cant harm or hurt me , as for the meds im not sure if i could take them or not .

maximus1975
04-03-13, 22:09
trust me on this one take the meds if u had high blood pressure you would take a tablet , these tablets were designed for a reason, you may have to tinker with the dosage but they will help citalopram is quite a popular choice i think a beta blocker would help u aswell, dont swallow the tablet and think about it to much try and keep busy