PDA

View Full Version : Boyfriend turning as loopy as me!

Rennie1989
10-09-06, 19:18
Hiya

My boyfriend tends to feel sick before he goes home (on a bus) from my house and when I leave his hometown back to mine. His anxiety is the fear of me leaving him, again. We broke up twice. But he feels sick, and has been physically sick loads of time, and not only do I feel sorry for him but I feel guilty for what I've done to him.

But today (yeah, I've just got back from the bus station) he was fine, totally fine! I told him that "Like when I have a Panic Attacks if you think about being sick, you will be sick. As this is mental you have to tell yourself that you won't be sick and that you will be fine otherwise you feel like crap." it worked today and he was fine!

Now he's been like this since May and I think he should see someone, two questions.
1- Should I carry on with what I was saying to him but if I should see someone,
2- Who should we see?

It's hurtful seeing someone you love with this anxiety and physical symptoms, but weird that the fact that you've been there yourself.

AKA Scooter Girl

Wannabeloved85
10-09-06, 19:44
i wouldnt carry on telling him all about anxiety etc. thats how i inherited it from my mum. I dont wanna sound a meany, but by telling him all about anxiety, eventually his sub conscious will pick it up and he'll become habitual to it. I never intended to 'catch' it from mum, when she'd explain it to me before i suffered i never really listened, i was too distracted by life! BUT my subconscious listened!
Now me and mum are both in a rut! and were BORED!!! we dont have a mum-daughter bond, we have an anxiety bond, which is quite sad considering.
He understands your problem thats great, but dont swamp him with anxiety issues, or an anxiety bond will be all thats left to hold you both together
Becci x

Rennie1989
10-09-06, 20:10
No I'm not telling him he has anxiety, to be Frank I don't know what he has (if there is anything wrong with him). I'm just reasurring him that if he doesn't think about being sick he won't be sick. He's scared of leaving me again, because both times I broke up with him we had a hunky dorry weekend and then BANG dumped, because I liked someone else (I thought it was mean to go out with him whilst liking with someone else) and it feels like a dasharvoo (sp?) to him.

AKA Scooter Girl

Rennie1989
20-09-06, 07:55
Never mind then ...

AKA Scooter Girl