PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard of Remeron?????

Caitlyn89
17-06-04, 16:40
Eh im having like a panic attack here. Im supposed to be taking 7.5mg of this Remeron drug. Has anybody ever heard of it. SOMEBODY please let me know of your side effects, because the possible side effects listed is SEVERE VOMITING ok im emetophobic here and im having like a heart attack just thinking about it!

nomorepanic
17-06-04, 20:09
Not heard of it sorry.

Nicola

Caitlyn89
17-06-04, 20:17
OH GREAT no one has heard of it lol, what if that means i will get the side effect?!?

nomorepanic
17-06-04, 21:12
It may be a US drug only caitlyn.

Have you researched it on the internet?

Nicola

sarah
17-06-04, 21:13
Hiya Caitlyn

The reason Nic probably hasnt heard of it is because its not called remeron in the UK. Here its called 'Zispin' or 'mirtazapine'.

Caitlyn, dont get too hung up on what side effects say. They only put them there as a precaution because 1 or 2 people out of the millions that take it have felt this way. It DOESNT in any way mean you will get them.

On a more positive note, I know you are worried about your weight, well a POSSIBLE side effect of this is weight gain so it may do you even more good than you think????

take care
love Sarah
cc

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

nomorepanic
17-06-04, 21:21
cailtyn

Is this what they have given you? Are you sure it says "severe vomitting" ?

Hey look at this ...

http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/REM1371.HTM

http://depression.about.com/cs/mirtazapine/l/blsidefxmirtaza.htm

http://www.drugs.com/Remeron/

A side-effect is weight gain so that is great news for you yeah?

Hope this helps you

Nicola

Caitlyn89
18-06-04, 03:27
I know the thing the psychiatrist gave me listed that symptom but on the internet i dont see it. Why is it like that. Nic thanks for the links.

Caitlyn89
18-06-04, 03:32
phenylalanine....its in Remeron...i dont have PKU...am i still ok?

HB
18-06-04, 12:41
people virtually never get the side effects- dont worry yourself sick!!

H

sarah
18-06-04, 13:20
Hiya Caitlyn

If you dont have PKU then there is nothing to worry about.

love Sarah
xx

Caitlyn89
18-06-04, 20:22
How long does side effects ESPECIALLY vomit take to take effect??

nomorepanic
18-06-04, 20:33
I get side-effects about an hour after taking drugs - but I am very sensitive to them!

Nicola

Caitlyn89
18-06-04, 20:44
an hour hmm how long if you never taken meds b4?

nomorepanic
18-06-04, 21:04
Not sure to be honest - could be longer - days maybe

Nicola

twister
18-06-04, 22:07
Maybe your psyc was trying to stop your phobia! Otherwise I cant understand why he would tell you it can cause severe vomiting if you are emetopobic!

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

Caitlyn89
18-06-04, 22:08
ahh ****ake mushrooms..i dont want to take it

Tessie28
19-06-04, 10:34
But you do want to get better Caitlyn and nobody said it would be easy love. We have to take risks in life and this is just a very small one from what you say. I guess you have to weigh it up for yourself but I know I'd take it. I don't like the idea of taking blood pressure tablets the rest of my life but, more importantly, I like even less the huge chance of having a stroke if I don't. however frightening the thought of vomiting to you, you know it is not really going to kill you. That is not putting your fear down but putting it in perspective. Believe me I know what it feels like to think you are going to die even when you aren't but at some point you have to take a chance or consign yourself to be like this long term.
If that sounds hard I'm sorry but we are all trying to help you here but you have to take that first step.
love Tess x

Caitlyn89
20-06-04, 02:32
Im just so scared. My stomach is already upset from worrying ALL DAY im scared to have to take it tonight.

Tessie28
20-06-04, 18:09
Hi Caitlyn,
well done for taking it love - that is such a good first step for you. Hang on in there,
love Tess x

Caitlyn89
20-06-04, 21:26
It made me worse

sarah
20-06-04, 21:31
Hiya Caitlyn

It wasnt the medication that made it worse tho was it?
Thats the terrible thing about panic im afraid. its our own daft brains that make us like it.
If you carried on with the medication im betting you would see a vast improvement in how you feel within a month or so.
How are you feeling now?

love sarah
xx

Tessie28
21-06-04, 20:55
I'm with Sarah here Caitlyn. You've come this far keep going

love Tess xx

Caitlyn89
22-06-04, 05:57
Sarah...tess....feel like **** ever since i took it...wont take it again...hate my life :-(

crazychickuk
22-07-04, 11:55
its a great drug... its so mild... i was taking it for over a year great for anxiety and sleep.. all u got to worr about is if u get a sore throut thats it then go to docs.. its an easy med to get of of.. remember this also the less u take the more sedating it is.. especially at 7.5mg..

good luck[:P]

p.s.. i came of it cus i gained to much weight, and they changed from the tablet form to the soltab which i didnt like..

Luv Y'all

Donna