PDA

View Full Version : Coughed up lump

LC05
10-09-06, 20:02
Im so worried about my boyfriend. He has had tonsillitus and on Fri he was gargling mouthwash then when he spat it out a lump of mucus that was pink in the middle came up. It didnt look like blood, it looked kind of fleshy. He says it was from the back of his throat rather than his lungs and has felt better since, and it hasn't happened again. He doesn't seem that concerned but I am so worried. He thinks its just to do with the throat infection he had, but has anyone had this or heard of it happening of know what this could be?!

lass
10-09-06, 20:29
I've not heard of this, but I guess it could be pus from the inflammation from what you describe. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, especially as he's feeling okay and not worrying himself.

I can't even think of anything serious it might be, but would think if it were anything to be concerned about he would be having further symptoms somehow.

Try not to worry (I know its difficult).

xx

suzy1984
10-09-06, 20:37
Hi
I suffer with tonsilitis a lot and also get those lumps, my doctor has told me they are to do with the infection and not to worry.
Easier said than done i know but dont worry it is just the infection going away.
Take care
Suzy xx:)

leanne1980
11-09-06, 08:53
hi

i get them 2., sonds gross but they really really smell,

dont worry ive had them for years, my mum got them and my brother gets them.

leanne x

i just wanna feel normal