PDA

View Full Version : diazapam withdrawal

dez
05-03-13, 14:31
I was at a point were I was taking 8mg Diazapam and about 20 nurofen plus per day. I was finding it hard to walk and felt terrible so I decided enough was enough and I'd had it with pill. I stopped the codeine (nurofen plus) a week and a half ago and it's not been too bad (pretty bad for the first 3 days, but overall it's been worse in the past), I decided on Sunday I'd give diazapam up as well and had my last one at 5pm Sunday. Yesterday was fine and I took my daughter swimming last night and felt I had the most energy I've had for a while. Today I feel absolutely horrible. I'm getting dizzy, depersonalisation, sore stomach/head and generally feeling weak and horrible.
I've been on diazapam since last June and am determined to give it a go at giving up as I hate being dependant on anything.
Can anybody give me any rays of hope as I have to be OK for my 6yr old daughter and can't bare not being able to do stuff with her.
I'm desperate - please help!

steveo
05-03-13, 14:39
You've been on 8mg a day Diazapam since june 2012?

Are you sure it's not the 20 nerogen plus you were taking that's causing the issues?

london
05-03-13, 15:02
come off diazapam very slow dont rush it
god bless

bernie1977
05-03-13, 15:42
I agree with Steveo I think you can expect problems from taking that much nurofen. You're very lucky you haven't damaged your stomach taking that much nurofen. The recommended daily dosage is 8 per day I think and you've been taking 20. Please be careful in future.

steveo
05-03-13, 16:07
I'm aware of people having been on 10mg Diaz a day for a year and not having too many problems withdrawing. Obviously never ever go cold turkey. Try cutting the diaz from 8mg to 4mg a day.

I can't really suggest much for the nurofen withdrawal. 20 tablets a day seems to be a scary amount. Was your GP aware of you taking this much? I really would discuss this with your GP.

No one on here can really give you medical advise, we can merely make suggestions. I do hope things get better for you.

kittikat
05-03-13, 16:35
My advice is to take the diaz taper really slowly. Cant advise about the pain killers but could definitely be causing some issues too. Diaz should never be just stopped suddenly. My doc suggested 1mg drop every 2 weeks. I was on 12mg a day & by the time I got down to 8mg I suffered bad withdrawal anxiety. So...take it as slow as you can, you will get there.

Good luck. Kitti :)