PDA

View Full Version : Strong palpiations, anyone help?

Bonnibelle
05-03-13, 15:01
I have suffered palpitations many a time and never worried, but recently I have had them more so. I ended up in an ambulance a few weeks ago, I woke one night with a really fast heart rate so had to ring for an ambulance, which was scary, i never have before in my life. They said it was because I had sinusitis and panicked, the infection caused tachycardia and then I panicked. I was also on an anti depressant for anxiety for 6 weeks, it can affect the heart but they said the ECG was fine, other than fast heart so not to worry but I have since stopped that medication just incase.

I saw my GP yesterday as I have sinusitis yet again, she gave me antibiotics. I mentioned I was still having palps, she wasn't my usual GP but I explained what had been going on. She said at 33 years of age, a clear ECG in ambulance palpitations are harmless and not to worry, she did her best to reassure me but today I was sat talking to my son when suddenly my heart thudded and then I had bad flutters up in my throat and chest, wasn't as quick to pass as usual, took at least 30 seconds. It terrified me and now I am back to worrying it means something is wrong?:blush:

Can anyone else help to reasssure me, I have felt my anxiety creeping back about my health recently after this with my heart and being ill alot recently with colds and sinusitis:-(

Daisy Sue
05-03-13, 15:05
I know exactly how you're feeling, Pearl, been in the same situation myself only recently, and I have no option but to believe the doctor and try to relax about my palpitations, scary as they may be.

They're certainly worse when I don't relax and let my mind run away with it!!

They can be normal, they can be completely innocent blips caused by eating, or anxiety, or infection - but the word to remember is 'normal'.

I hope yours calm down very soon and prove to you that you're ok.

Bonnibelle
05-03-13, 15:27
Thanks Daisy Sue, I hope yours do too xxx

Daisy Sue
05-03-13, 18:47
Thanks Daisy Sue, I hope yours do too xxx

I've just got back from the supermarket.. got really strong palpitations while walking around, & felt really tired at the same time... was ok anxiety-wise until it dawned on me - palpitations!= heart!... and then I thought of your post and my answer to you, & made myself calm down. lol.. you helped me and didn't know it. :D

mrsnobody
05-03-13, 19:03
i know how you feel i have ended up at hospital a few times with palptations. few weeks ago it involved staying in as heart rate so high. i like your posts daisy sue what you said does help

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

what anti depressant for anxiety cause heart problems?

Daisy Sue
05-03-13, 20:59
i know how you feel i have ended up at hospital a few times with palptations. few weeks ago it involved staying in as heart rate so high. i like your posts daisy sue what you said does help

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

what anti depressant for anxiety cause heart problems?

Were your palpitations and fast heart rate entirely due to anxiety, MrsNobody?

I hope they've calmed down now.

I don't know which drugs they'd give for this kind of thing - my GP mentioned beta blockers (I think) if mine persisted.. I'm trying not to go that route though, if it's just the anxiety or if it's stomach related (which I suspect) then I think I can deal with it.

Bonnibelle
05-03-13, 22:07
I'm glad I could help Daisy, lol xx

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

The medication I was on that can cause tachycardia was Dosulepin, its an older anti depressant. I was ok it six weeks then I had the fast heart rate and palpitations.

mrsnobody
09-03-13, 10:26
ive had ecg, echo ( heart scan) and blood tests and they come back normal. having a heart monitor next week. my problem is when they say things are normal, i worry about what if there wrong. i think thats what has got me into this mess i always look at worse case senario

lelespears
11-03-13, 11:01
Yes!!! They are so bad!!!

Get them in the gym, lying down, walking about. After u eat! No idea why.

Scared my hearts going to burst or stop.

Lx

Bonnibelle
11-03-13, 21:43
Have you seen your gp about them? I have and he's said they're normal x

Janvi
18-03-13, 07:20
Hello Pearl,
I can relate to your symptoms because IM suffering from same. IM 33 years old. I was invited for a lunch yesterday at a relative place and I got bad palpitation when I reached there. I had these the whole day. I dont take any mededicine but had been on paxetas ealier.