PDA

View Full Version : Full blown panic now :-(

Confused&scared
05-03-13, 18:35
Doctor said my ear and throat was red and has given me some antibiotics but she then said if those glands haven't gone down after you've finished your antibiotics come back and you'll need some blood tests to check your cell count. So now all I can think about is the C word :'-( I feel awful. She said she was worried as when she was pressing them it wasn't hurting me and swollen glands that arent painful but my neck is aching where they are swollen so surely that they aren't painless?? I can't cope with this I'm already panicky 24/7

mrsnobody
05-03-13, 19:08
dont worry, glands get biggar for all sorts of reasons and they can take a long time to go down. ive had one in my neck for 2 years now and it goes up and down all the time but never totaly goes away. blood test is done when antibiotics havent worked before you get more etc also, so please dont worry.

Confused&scared
05-03-13, 22:31
I can't help it, so scared :'( can't stop googling

cattia
05-03-13, 22:39
I've been googling like crazy lately too, even though I know it makes things a million times worse. Let's try to stop together! If you have an ear / throat infection then that is most likely to be the cause of your swollen glands. I remember my Dr saying that the glands in my neck were swollen although they didn't hurt at all when he touched them. That was years ago and I'm still here!

Annie0904
05-03-13, 22:40
I have tonsillitis and my glands are swollen but don't hurt when you press them, I also have pains in my ears. My first antibiotics didn't work and I am taking new ones. It sounds more like an infection that you have. Don't google it always comes up with the worst scenarios when it is usually something simple.