PDA

View Full Version : brain zaps

rachel m
05-03-13, 22:04
i dont know if anyone can relate to this or not but i am getting what i can only describe as brain buzzes. its like when i,m mobile or even just brushing my hair, i get like a bzzzz falling sensation in my head. its like a dropping sensation. can anyone shed light on this for me please. thank you . x

rubynoodles
06-03-13, 09:46
I get this from time to time too.

All of a sudden its as though a bumble bee is buzzing in my head. It only lasts few a seconds or so but is really alarming:huh:

dnf03
10-03-13, 15:36
yeah ive had this for years
it comes and goes in spells lasting a few months for me
i often get it as im trying to fall asleep and it zaps me up(its like a falling sensation and it shoots right down my right side to my foot normally)
i cant drink alcohol anymore as it happens 10 fold
had it for 17 years now
started taking propranalol 4 months back and it hasnt really happened during this time

saro
10-03-13, 22:27
I get this alot! especially when I am feeling really anxious and I try to exercise, its very common with anxiety apparently.

Gotagetthroughthis
10-03-13, 23:55
I get these aswell, they are quite worrying at the time. Many people get them when withdrawing from SSRI's.

AuntieMoosie
11-03-13, 01:09
Yes I get them all the time too and they're horrible.

I think it's to do with SSRI's as they all seem to do the same.

Unfortunately I don't really know what causes them, I have asked my doctor and he just said they're not really sure but they're not harmful, which is a bit confusing to me :wacko:

rosekay
20-03-13, 17:14
Me too. I have a weird falling, buzzing feeling (no noise) right at the base of my skull. Last a few seconds and scares me to death. No idea what it is, luckily it doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it's horrible.

rachel m
27-03-13, 17:42
Thanks everyone for your replies. I feel much better knowing that i,m not alone with this. What would i do without you all. :)

mila
28-03-13, 11:18
Hi rachel and all :hugs:
I get something like that, it feels like my brain is sqeezed for a few seconds and I just have to close my eyes and hold on til it's gone cause I feel like falling over. Does this sound likr what you ferl?

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 ----------

Does that sound like what you feel? Sorry about spelling mistakes :blush: it's not easy typing from the phone