PDA

View Full Version : it's got me again

Liviguy
05-03-13, 23:11
Gutted to be writing this but after about 6 years since the last one, I suffered a panic attack tonight.

I've been really stressed lately, and I've had numbness and pins and needles in my left arm and hand since yesterday which has set me off on a severe anxiety circle. Convinced I have heart issues which is causing this which is making me feel ill.

I'm off to out of hours doctor at 1am and I'm scared.

Gotagetthroughthis
05-03-13, 23:33
Hey Liviguy,

Sorry to hear about this. You helped me out and gave me advice a good few months back when I was at my worst, so thanks.

You know you have been here before with anxiety and you know you are ok, just a bit of a blip. Once you see the doctor and get the all clear just remember that it is all anxiety and you have had it before and recovered however real and scary it seems right now, you will recover again.

Khadijah
05-03-13, 23:38
Gutted to be writing this but after about 6 years since the last one, I suffered a panic attack tonight.

I've been really stressed lately, and I've had numbness and pins and needles in my left arm and hand since yesterday which has set me off on a severe anxiety circle. Convinced I have heart issues which is causing this which is making me feel ill.

I'm off to out of hours doctor at 1am and I'm scared.

Hi there. I am sorry to hear you are feeling this way :(

I suffered my first panic attack a few weeks back, tingly arm, breathlessness, heart palps, sweating and shaking, was the scariest darn thing I ever experienced.

My panic is brought on by constantly fearing a heart attack / failure even though I have no symptoms to be concerned about apart from the standard aches and pains :/

I hope you feel better soon, what did the Doc say?

Liviguy
05-03-13, 23:57
Hey Liviguy,

Sorry to hear about this. You helped me out and gave me advice a good few months back when I was at my worst, so thanks.

You know you have been here before with anxiety and you know you are ok, just a bit of a blip. Once you see the doctor and get the all clear just remember that it is all anxiety and you have had it before and recovered however real and scary it seems right now, you will recover again.

It sucks a bit. I'd much rather be sound asleep right now than sat watching the minutes tick by slowly waiting on this appointment. I've already started the 'what if' crap and making myself stress even more.

How are you doing these days?

Gotagetthroughthis
06-03-13, 00:41
It sucks a bit. I'd much rather be sound asleep right now than sat watching the minutes tick by slowly waiting on this appointment. I've already started the 'what if' crap and making myself stress even more.

How are you doing these days?

Yea sleep is the only relief when your feeling like that. Is the doctor coming to your house then?

I'm doing ok thanks, a bit up and down, I still get quite a lot of anxiety but i'm nowhere near as bad as I was before. Its not a constant high anxiety like it used to be so hopefully I can keep getting better.

Liviguy
06-03-13, 01:24
Right now I'm sat in the hospital car park waiting for 1am. Its been a long night. Just want to be asleep if I'm honest.

---------- Post added at 01:24 ---------- Previous post was at 00:45 ----------

Well out again with anxiety the cause. Been given diazepam to try get chilled out a bit and get some sleep

Gotagetthroughthis
06-03-13, 01:37
Well that's good you got the all clear. Did they do any tests? Have a nice sleep and hopefully you feel better in the morning :)

tamo
06-03-13, 14:31
Its dissapointing when we have a setback like this after long spell of wellness .
Im glad your hospital check up was ok and that you know it was anxiety . Try to forget it and practice what you did years ago .
If your from Livi West Lothian , i,m from Broxburn so were in same area .

Take care :D

Liviguy
06-03-13, 14:41
On the advice of the nurse last night I visited my own gp surgery this morning. She done a few strength tests on my arm, listened to my heart and took my blood pressure and oxygen levels. The oxygen level was 100% which is good.

Got to go and get blood tests on 18th and then see her again a week after that to see where we go. Been told to up my propranolol to 20mg three times a day.

Still got the pins and needles feeling though which I really want to go away. I figure when it does go, I'll stop thinking about it.

Yeah I'm in livi mate. Small world. We can panic together albeit a few miles apart lol

tamo
06-03-13, 19:38
Im sorry to hear your having a blip . Its interesting to see the way you describe your thread " its got me again" . This phrase is common among sufferers , its as if IT was an outside force attacking us . Ive read into this alot and while it may seem that IT is affecting us ive come to believe it is us who are causing IT to affect us and there are many ways that we think and behave that cause this . I,m sorry about the vagueness of this statement , i do have my own theories based on much research . I am just about coming through a rotten spell myself and seeing some huge improvements so I do understand how bl**dy awful it feels and i never ever get smug or complacent . Morning times were alwas my worst and God knows how i managed to get to work some days but i did .

I do hope you pull through this one , i,m sure you will bud .

cheers