PDA

View Full Version : Constant negative thoughts, no symptoms!

Khadijah
05-03-13, 23:11
Hi all :)

Does anyone else have mainly just negative thoughts (fear of getting particular illness), without any symptoms to cause any worry? (Apart from 'normal' aches and pains)

I have constant negative thoughts, fearing a heart attacks or heart failure. I read in this section and most people seem to get symptoms and that is why they worry. So now I am more worried thinking well.. maybe my mind is preparing me that I am actually soon to have a heart attack :/ even though I have felt this way for months.

Anyone else feel the same?

tan235
13-03-13, 15:38
I know this is a very old post but if you're still around then yes! I do all the time - horrible - I hope you're better.
My thoughts still are not under control.

Khadijah
13-03-13, 15:48
I know this is a very old post but if you're still around then yes! I do all the time - horrible - I hope you're better.
My thoughts still are not under control.

Ah I am sorry to hear you feel this way too. What thoughts do you have?

tan235
13-03-13, 22:05
I have thoughts that my food is poisoned, that there is something terribly weong with me, it's so debilitating - every ache is cancer, I'm really over it!!!

You?
Have you found a way to stop the OCD of thoughts?

Thomo
14-03-13, 03:44
Khadijha

This has been my biggest trouble! Although I do get pains numbness and tingles but these are all brought on by what you are having. It's th thought process that all these problems start. So far this week I've had several heart attacks and a couple of brain tumours. I get a sore head...bang, I think I have a tumour. I get a pain in my chest or tingly feet...bang, I'm having a heart attack. I'm pleauged by negaitive thoughts about my health. I'm so conscious about my body that any shake,tingle,pain,twitch or numbness I pick up on it and directly associate it to a serious illness. When swine flu came out the blocks I was a nervous wreck!! It's all a thought process, we need to change how we think and in time you will. CBT helped me greatly and I think by the sounds of it would really help you.
Have you ever had tests or been to doctors about any of this?

polly81
14-03-13, 05:41
I'm the exact same and I really think the only thing that will end all this health anxiety for me is CBT. I am hoping to have an appointment very soon so fingers crossed. It is all to do with how we think and changing that thought process.
Antidepressants help somewhat but I still have health worries and I don't want to be on them for the rest of my life so therapy is the only way.
I would recommend you seek out some CBT too and don't put if off any longer as these thoughts don't just go away unfortunately.
Best of luck

Khadijah
14-03-13, 20:13
Thank you for the posts :)

The doctor referred me for counselling, but that is weeks away, so I am rebooking an app and asking for CBT as I do think it is my only way out.
Do others just sit there and think 'what if I die of a heart attack right now?'... 'Today is my last day, today I will have a heart attack and die'....I get these thoughts without any pain :/ so I think the thoughts are warning me :(

nadine02
14-03-13, 20:48
Hi Khadijah :)

I'm the same...I'm constantly worrying about my health...Every ache, pain or sensation makes me panic! If, for example I bang my leg my first though isn't 'Ouch that hurt'!...It's "What if this turns into a blood clot"...Pain in my head - aneurysm! Pain in my chest - heart/lungs! etc etc etc..Every sensation I feel makes me think its the worst thing it can possibly be! I can't swallow sometimes because I think I'll choke! If I'm feeling hot or hungry I think I'll pass out! I'll type symptoms into google without even thinking about it sometimes and then spend ages reading about different illnesses that are related to the symptom I have at the time! I have days where I'm checking my temperature/pulse over and over again or I'll be feeling around for lumps and bumps!...If I have a good day where I have no symptoms then I'll worry about that...I suppose I'm that used to focusing on aches and pains that when I have none it feels strange!

I do have the thoughts that you have....The what if's!...Several times a day! I feel like my mind just never stops thinking!

I've had acupuncture, hypnosis, meds and CBT in the past and they helped for a little while but obviously haven't cured my anxiety...I do have times where the anxiety isn't too bad for maybe a few weeks sometimes but when it's bad it's horrible and completely takes over my life.

I've always been a big worrier (especially about symptoms) since I was a child...Have you?

Khadijah
15-03-13, 00:20
Hey Nadine. I am sorry to hear you are feeling this way :(

Yes, I have always been a worrier, not so much symptoms, but general things. My aunt used to say 'why are you thinking about these things..your like 10 years old'.. so maybe it has always been in us to worry, and as we hit adulthood and hear about all the scary illnesses, it is another thing for us to worry over!

I do have times where I get an ache and think 'brain tumour?' 'Blood clot' and start to get hot and panicky from this. But on a general basis, it is more the negative thoughts. I am worse when I am alone in the silence. When I am walking to town etc I feel fine! Sometimes I can be sat talking to a friend and thinking 'What If I had a heart attack right now'... 'I know today is my last day..'... etc :(

I feel these thoughts are too strong to be anxiety and my brain is warning me that I will soon have a heart attack. Sending me crazy!

How long have you felt like this? I am forever checking my pulse!

---------- Post added 15-03-13 at 00:20 ---------- Previous post was 14-03-13 at 21:49 ----------

I am sure my brain is warning me that I will soon die.... :( do brains do this or is it lying :/ !??