PDA

View Full Version : Tinnitus?

peter34uk
05-03-13, 23:16
Hi all

Not sure but i think I might have tinnitus.

My right ear feels heavy and sounds coming from my head/ear. Ive had it since November and havent thought much of it but its steadily got worse.

I had my ears checked for wax but was clear.

What you reckon? Anything I can do?:shrug:

RVP
05-03-13, 23:22
I've had tinnitus since January time and well, the first doctor I went to said both my ears were healthy and clear, so I went to my family GP (very hard to get an appointment with) said my throat was sore and I had gatar in my ear.
Do you have any other symptoms?

Also, how old are you if you don't mind me asking, I'm 21.

Paul H
05-03-13, 23:27
Hi there.

Medicine can do something with tinnitus and so go pester your doctor. Other than that, stress and focus upon the noise is your enemy. Stress raises blood pressure and high blood pressure can make the noise worse.

So, do whatever you can to relax and perhaps surround yourself with pleasant noise (music etc) which doesn't quite drown the tinnitus noise out. Doing this may help to distract yourself from the tinnitus whilst allowing your mind to become acclimatised to it.

Best wishes

Paul

I expect you're miles away so this is for your information rather than a sales pitch:

http://www.resolvedhypnotherapy.co.uk/tinnitus-and-hypnotherapy-in-berkshire-and-oxfordshire/