PDA

View Full Version : Strange feeling

Ant123
06-03-13, 00:14
Hi I've never posted on here before. I've got a strange feeling in my left arm, like a tingling feeling. Ive had a few panic attacks in the last few weeks, which is the first time its happened to me. Like i always think I'm going to have a heart attack. But the doctors have told me i am fine and healthy. Any advice coz I've been losing a lot of sleep, thinking there's something wrong with me. Thanks

Liviguy
06-03-13, 00:25
Funny you say that, I've got an appt at the out of hours at 1am with the same sensation. I've suffered stress and anxiety for years, hoping its just another endless symptom

Ant123
06-03-13, 00:34
It probably is nothing. I had all sorts of tests done and there was nothing wrong, you'll probably be the same. Its just not a nice feeling, its just good to know i'm not alone though. Thanks

Liviguy
06-03-13, 00:39
The vicious circle of worrying about every pain and tingle which then makes you focus on them which makes you worse.

I've calmed down a lot now, been a long night but at least my appt is only 20 mins away and not 4 hours like it was when I came off the phone to NHS. I'm kinda thinking if I was having a heart attack or something I'd have gotten a lot worse in the last 4 hours.

Ant123
06-03-13, 00:54
Yer i know its horrible. Thats good to hear, the doctor will calm you down. Hopefully you can go home an get some sleep.

Anxious_gal
06-03-13, 05:33
If you have back problems or tight muscles it can put pressure on a nerve causing the tingling.
Being low on any of the b vitamins can cause funny sensations too.

Sometimes there doesn't seem to be a cause.
I know it feel uncomfortable. But chances are it should clear up.
I was getting this tingling sensation on my cheek, it was so annoying as it made it feel like there was something on my face n I kept trying to brush it off.