PDA

View Full Version : Can IBS happen everyday

justice38
06-03-13, 08:55
Okay so I'm worried again I've posted a few times have self diagnosed as ibs. I had a good day I come home eat dinner relax for a couple of hours and all of the sudden I get nauseas feel like I have to go to the bathroom but can't. I can have 1 hour of feeling good all the way up to 4 days (longest recently) feeling good. I may get stomach ache gas nausea backache hip pain fissure may flair up and I'm mired back in the evil thought that suck the will to live out of me.

What I don't get is could this be the dreaded c or wouldn't I just get worse?
Why am I scared to go to the doc?
Why do I care if I'm beaten into a shell of a human?
If this is life why do I want to live?
Why can't I sleep if I'm so tired?

I'm adding on here but I was also wondering how long an ibs attack can last. I've been fighting this for about 3 months or more. Trying to piece the timing together. It seems I've had this issue a lot longer than I have been worrying about it. I just put it off as another upset stomach,constipation,diarrhea. This does not want to go away.

Not that I wish this on anyone but I'm hoping someone,anyone will tell me they have dealt with or are dealing with this long term. (Flare up)

Little freaked out going to my doc tomorrow and I know he will suggest colonoscopy but I go into a full blown panic when I think about it. I mean I hyperventilate and damn near pass out if I dwell on it

---------- Post added 06-03-13 at 00:55 ---------- Previous post was 05-03-13 at 22:14 ----------

Someone please answer

justice38
06-03-13, 14:12
Can someone please respond?

carmen2012
06-03-13, 14:41
I have diiahorrea every day and after numerous visits to my gp she sent me for a referral sheffelt that it was anxiety....I had a sigmoidoscopy and the consultant told me ibs. ..I do still worry that I have diahorrea daily but I think the anxiety does add to it...Go and have a chat with your g p about your concerns :-)

justice38
06-03-13, 15:34
Thanks for the reply. Just need someone to relate. This is the loneliest I've ever felt for some weird reason

Annie0904
06-03-13, 15:40
I have ibs constantly but mine alternates between diarrhea and constipation.

justice38
06-03-13, 15:45
Do you have trouble dealing with this mentally?

Annie0904
06-03-13, 15:50
I think some times it makes my anxiety worse as I don't like eating out in case I need to run to the loo after or I need to know if we are going to be near toilets just in case :(

Jo21x
06-03-13, 21:53
I have the same. I've had it since last June, and the doctor still hasn't confirmed it's IBS, but I've had every test under the sun that has ruled everything else out. I'm in my last year at uni and the stress is unbelievable. My stomach is constantly gurgling and I have to run out of the classroom sometimes, which is so embarrassing. It makes me feel embarrassed, angry, upset, depressed, everything. So you are definitely not alone!

nocchi
07-03-13, 02:59
I've only had IBS symptoms for a few weeks now and been diagnosed as such but for me I get no constipation or diarrhea but I do get daily intermittent abdominal pains, constant abdominal distention even if I've not eaten for ages and a nauseous sick feeling when I need to make a bowel movement.

justice38
08-03-13, 21:31
What is this? Did people through history have this? I can't imagine that the Explorers and conquer era of this world curled up and cried over stuff like this. Is IBS a new thing. If it is what causes it.

I don't consider myself as a person who would have this. I always thought that people who were emotional were weak in some way. I apologize to all who have gone through health anxiety and continue to gut it out daily. I don't know if just anyone can take this stuff.

My new saying will be health anxiety is not for sissies

ever worried
09-03-13, 17:10
I also have IBS every day and find it very difficult to live with, some days I just want to sit and cry.For the last 6 weeks I have had pain in my right side sometimes so bad I can't move.I can't believe IBS can cause such bad pain,does anyone else have this sort of pain? it seems to go from ribs all the way down my right side, my stomach is also swollen.I also have piles and am agoraphobic sometimes it just seems too much to cope with.

Annie0904
09-03-13, 17:15
ever worried..it could be ibs but when I had gall stones I had really bad pains on my right side so it may be worth getting that checked. Oh and piles..sorry if tmi but I am in agony with them at the moment and can't get to the doctors for anything now until Monday. The OTC creams just don't work.

han76
09-03-13, 18:29
I have had IBS for over 20 years. sometimes it's excruciating pain constipation or the other extreme. There is no time limit to an attack. Stress makes it worse. so when Aniexty is high it manifests itself in IBS. sounds like your in a bit of a cycle worrying about the IBS. it is also triggered by food that aggravates the stomach. For me it's fatty foods spicy food rice and red meat. half of IBS is mental triggers half physical triggers. Taking peppermint oil before food lines the tummy and reduces irritation peppermint tea also soothes the tummy for the terrible stomach cramps you need Anti spasmodic meds like Buscopan or colofac/mebevoline your stomach literally goes into spasm when it's irritated. Hot waterbottles or a hot bath help to relax the muscles. I find constipation the worse and Ortis fruit cubes are the best thing for that avoid senna laxatives they are the worst thing.
Keep a food diary and work out what foods trigger this it may be drinks also. If you are getting daily problems it could very well be something you are eating every day is the problem. many people have problems with Bread. IBS is manageable I have a rare flare up now. But if you don't have it controlled yes it can go on for months.

justice38
10-03-13, 14:54
I get days where I have no symptoms at all and I start thinking I'm cured miraculously some how. I start making plans to get on with life and then this nagging worry hits me and my depression seems to go right into my lower stomach and back almost like I have to go to the bathroom but I don't. I can't focus on anything other than my stomach and back. Then I start worrying that it something more sinister than IBS.

My doctor keeps saying that I should have a colonoscopy just to ease my mind but when I start thinking about the procedure and possible out come I go into a full panic attack for several hours that just depletes me to the point that I have to sleep.

I just had an appointment with my doctor where I had a panic attack right in front of him. It was embarrassing although he talked me through it and said that he understood. He wants me to seek therapy.

Can anyone relate?

macc noodle
11-03-13, 02:24
Just a quick question to ibs sufferers - any of you guys have the diarrhoea thru the night?

Just recently been having severe indigestion/stomach pain followed by intense gurgling and then the inevitable runs - very worried something serious:-(

justice38
11-03-13, 16:24
I haven't had diarrhea through the night but I wake up several times a night feeling like I need to go. Get all panicky and have to calm myself to get back to sleep. I know that people say that if you are having issues at night that it is something serious but I have read on here that there are people who have issues at night and they have been checked out and are fine. I think our anxiety can wake us up at times.

I know I read that if you wake up at night with these issues that it is serious. On queue I start waking up at night with stomach pains and back pains. I hope that helps.

boogal
21-03-13, 10:55
Just a quick question to ibs sufferers - any of you guys have the diarrhoea thru the night?

Just recently been having severe indigestion/stomach pain followed by intense gurgling and then the inevitable runs - very worried something serious:-(

I had a spell of night-time disruption as you describe and accompanied by nausea and low right sided pain around the end of 2012 and early 2013. Panicked of course so after it had happened a few times saw my GP and explained that I thought my symptoms were supposed to be 'red flag' (based naturally on what I'd read online). He seemed rather bemused and assured me that there was nothing to be concerned about. I'm in my mid-fifties which of course made me worry even more, but the GP was not worried. He checked my abdomen (I had had a blood test about 6 weeks before due to bowel problems - test results were okay) and was satisfied that all was well. He said if it persists for several weeks and was accompanied by other stuff then come back, but he doubted it would. So far he's right.

After I'd seen him I felt much relieved and my IBS has gradually been settling down, though I've had a few setbacks with pain/trots.

Hope this helps you.