PDA

View Full Version : Its getting me down:(

rubynoodles
06-03-13, 10:00
Ive had a problem with my vision for about a month and its really really causing me so much anxiety and getting me down - I cant concentrate on anything else.

I am seeing white/silvery coloured blobs (similar to the after image when a camera has been flashed in your eyes) in my vision when I blink or look up at light coloured surfaces such as the sky, tv and the computer screen. Sometimes there are lots and other times not so many. They come and go throughout the day, they dont move, are roughly in the same position and its as though they are on a dimmer switch-sometimes brighter and then dimmed down to nothing!

Over the last month I have visited 3 GP's at my surgery, two says its silent migraine (surely not on/off all day every day?) the other said its not but she could think what it could be. I've seen an opthamologist who did a thorough 1 hour eye exam and dilated my pupils, he said my eyes were fine.

Last weekend it got to me so much that I went to A&E and sat there for almost 5 hours to be told that they didnt know what it was but they could'nt help me there and that I should go back to my gp.

I cant get to see my gp until next friday. My mum says I should ring up and push to be seen earlier but its not in my nature to be confident and I'm not one if those people who 'shout the loudest'!