PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam for seroxat side effects

Ineedlookingafter
06-03-13, 10:31
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has ever been given diazapam to help whilst getting back on to longer term meds? I am raising my dose and sufffering side effects but my doctor won't give me anything for it.

Any suggestions?

steveo
06-03-13, 12:34
I've been given Diazapam whilst getting back on my long term meds - Citalopram.

It's been a real life saver!

Ineedlookingafter
06-03-13, 15:33
Thanks. Think I need something. Been really bad today with shakes, unable to eat, restless legs and anxiety. Couldn't work- not even from home so went back to bed. Can't do that everyday! Seeing Doctor Friday night so will ask for something.

Thanks. x

ruthless
06-03-13, 15:39
Thanks. Think I need something. Been really bad today with shakes, unable to eat, restless legs and anxiety. Couldn't work- not even from home so went back to bed. Can't do that everyday! Seeing Doctor Friday night so will ask for something.

I think that's a good idea. It can help during the first weeks/months of starting or raising the dose of AD's. The GP's can be really funny about prescribing Benzo's but as long as you only take them when you really need them there should be no problems

Ineedlookingafter
07-03-13, 11:42
Been to docs again in a very agetated state. Supposed to be working from home but having to take the rest of the day off sick.

Got some diazapam - took first one a minute ago.

God I hope it helps!

Ineedlookingafter
07-03-13, 17:15
So basically, I fell asleep. I was so wound up I think this would have happened anyway. As it was, I feel better now I have woken up.

Will maybe take 1/2 tablet tonight and see if I can get to work properly tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

Ineedlookingafter
08-03-13, 20:47
I made it to work all day today. Took 1/2 a tablet in the morning to stop the leg shakes and the jitters.

Now feel almost normal- just very tired and ready to rest over the weekend!

Night all. xxx