PDA

View Full Version : I need some positive advice !x

lashes
06-03-13, 11:19
Hiya everyone , recently I've been doing well with my panic attacks going out and all that sort of thing and having cbt ,but this afternoon I have the dentist (I'm not scared of the dentist )but yesterday I was having a real down day and I sort of planted a little seed that I would have a panic at the dentist tomorrow so now I'm just going into despair is it all coming back can I go if anyone could help me out that wud be great x

Annie0904
06-03-13, 11:23
Just think to yourself..so what if I do have a panic attack at the dentist? Whats the worst that can happen? If you accept it then you are dealing with it. If you don't fear the attacks then they are less likely to happen. :hugs:

Rennie1989
06-03-13, 12:49
You've done it before and you can do it again!

Dentists are fully aware that their occupation causes anxiety and are very gentle. I told my dentist that I have anxiety and a bit of a dental phobia and he was really gentle and let my fiancé be in the room with me.

Just remember, once it's over you'll think "Why was I so worried, that was a breeze!" You'll be fine because you CAN do it:)

lashes
06-03-13, 16:44
Thankyou for the replys ! I know that the anticipation is worse than the actual thing so I've kept myself busy and haven't thought about it :)x

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

I've been :) it went fine although gotta have two fillings ! X

Annie0904
06-03-13, 16:50
Pleased it went well..I went a few weeks ago and need to go back for a filling too :(

lashes
06-03-13, 16:58
yeh they arent nice are they , i need to be brave as next year i have to have two implants which im terrifed about !and i cudnt believe how much they cost 2000 per tooth ! x