PDA

View Full Version : withdrawel plz help

sandysan
06-03-13, 17:12
hi
i have suddenly stopped taking seroxat , i have been on them a very very long time , they didnt really work for me , and i have stopped takingthem for a week now ,,, i keep crying everyday over nothing , im so low , my husband im like a rotweiler too , i am short tempered , and i have had tremors today inside my body , i am sleeping better but having a lot of dreams normal dreams which seem so real , ,,,,,,, is this wihdrawel syptoms , im so scared , i called the emergency doc , and they told me to stopp taking them dont go back on them , and to see my doctor to try another type ,
but do i need another Antidepressant ,,,,, if this is just withdrawal symptoms ... please help i have been on and off these for 21 years i took them in the beginning for post natal depression that was 21 years ago , but i have never took them solid i have always messed about with them taking them and missing 2 days and retaking them , this is the longest time i havent took them for a week

Emphyrio
06-03-13, 17:50
Paroxetine is notorious for withdrawal, and what you are describing sounds like it. I've heard some bad stories about people still experiencing withdrawal months after they've stopped taking it. If I were you, I would go back onto it at the dose you were last on, stabilise on them again, then come off them very, very slowly. 10% of your dosage a month or even longer. Paxilprogress is a good website devoted to gradual withdrawal from these meds - you should visit it for some advice from people more in the know.

Also, switching onto another antidepressant to cover withdrawal doesn't always work.

What dose were you taking?

sandysan
06-03-13, 18:07
20mg

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

the thing is they have never worked for me ,,,, i suffer more anxiety than depression ,,, so im wondering if its best to try another type now and not resume back to seroxat

Emphyrio
06-03-13, 18:10
Well, I would personally advise you go back onto it and taper off it very slowly. I've never taken paroxetine but I know how difficult it is to get off it.

Have a look at the site recommendation I gave you - people there are in the know about withdrawal and have experienced coming off paroxetine (paxil; seroxat) themselves.

Of course you could get away with going onto another antidepressant straight after cold turkeying paroxetine but there is still a huge risk that it won't work. Personally I'd play it safe.

spottitchsam
06-03-13, 18:15
hi
i have suddenly stopped taking seroxat , i have been on them a very very long time , they didnt really work for me , and i have stopped takingthem for a week now ,,, i keep crying everyday over nothing , im so low , my husband im like a rotweiler too , i am short tempered , and i have had tremors today inside my body , i am sleeping better but having a lot of dreams normal dreams which seem so real , ,,,,,,, is this wihdrawel syptoms , im so scared , i called the emergency doc , and they told me to stopp taking them dont go back on them , and to see my doctor to try another type ,
but do i need another Antidepressant ,,,,, if this is just withdrawal symptoms ... please help i have been on and off these for 21 years i took them in the beginning for post natal depression that was 21 years ago , but i have never took them solid i have always messed about with them taking them and missing 2 days and retaking them , this is the longest time i havent took them for a week
Hi sandysan I was on seroxat after I had a child in 1983 I was taking them for quite a few years.I was told by the gp that it was not additive.how wrong could he have been.I tried 3 attempts by cutting down slowly but it was hell each time.when I thought I was free within a week I was a complete wreck.I was seeing live rats running round the rooms.I was like a zombie.anyway I was more than determined to crack this so I went back to the gp and this time I took it slower to cut down.I can't remember what dose I was on but I came down a few mg a month.I was even on the liquid towards the end (about six month)and at one stage I was just sticking my tongue in the spoon.please go back to see your gp and get some help.take care x

sandysan
06-03-13, 18:22
hi

yes i have just made an appointment with my g.p the thing was she told me to stop them , as i stopped them for 2 days , and i told her and she said well dont take them then , lol

Lostgirl33
14-04-13, 22:53
Hello, I was on seroxat (paroxetine) for about 10 years, It helped a little i think. I have agarophobia, panic and anxiety disorder and depression.
I tried to come off it a few times but i started taking it again because the withdrawel symptoms made me feel so awful, head tremors and feeling like a had flu.
They made me put on so much weight that i felt awful about myself so i decided to come off them and put up with the symptoms.

It took me quite a while but i did it and i've been off them for about a year, I still get the odd head tremor.
I bought a pill cutter and gradually reduced the tablet very slowly over a long period of time, Once you feel ok on that amount of tablet then reduce it a little more. Once you get to a 1/3 of a tablet it becomes so much easier. I did read before you can get paroxetine in liquid form too, you just need to ask your doctor for it.

You should start taking it again and then once you feel ok start the gradual withdrawel process, just stick with it, It does get easier.. :) Best of luck x