PDA

View Full Version : Heartburn, Aching shoulders and arms

hdouglass
06-03-13, 17:32
Not been here for a while as I was doing well. The last week I have had really heavy aching shoulders, shoulder blades and arms. I am trying to tell myself this is just tension but this isn't working, well in my head its not. I've then developed heartburn again I think this because I'm worrying about the shoulder and arm thing.

Surely this can't be anxiety causing this? It's such a strange thing to have.

Does anyone have any ideas or know how this feels, paracetamol won't even take the aching away! I really cannot be bothered with the whole getting a drs appointment about this, but then on the other hand I'm worried its something serious. Confused.com.

Thanks for reading my moan.
Helen

ashurrutia
06-03-13, 17:59
I too have lots of aches and pains throughout my body. Previously my Heartburn was thought to be due to H.Pylori infection, but it has been cleared since I went on antibiotics. Now it has come back, with lots of gas trapped in chest, and painful esophageal spasms. I had them before, and they usually freaked me out badly as it can be confused with something on the heart. But what I know from previous experience is that as the anxiety subsides, so do the spasms and heartburn. I get a lot of pressure inside my head too, coupled with dizziness and feeling faint after eating. Again, it is all likely anxiety related. What I come to realize is that our bodies have become sensitized to normal bodily reactions, so what a normal person would see as a normal thing we see as a deadly thing. In my case I managed to convinced myself I had EMS(Eosoniphilia Myalgia Syndrome) from taking 5-htp, this only made my anxiety worse. In reality the 5-htp is actually working, but it takes time, and while it won't stop Panic Attacks or anxiety, nor will it take the symptoms away, it will help you think clearly at times during the day, and notice how our bodies overreact to normal things.

PS: Yesterday I took some Aleve(Naproxen 220 mg) and it did not take away my headaches or body aches, they only go away when I relax, so there you go.