PDA

View Full Version : Mouth Wound/Sore Cancer Fears - Can Anybody Help?

Glyph
06-03-13, 18:17
I as wondering if anybody out there has experience with long term wounds in the mouth that don't heal after months?

I have this wound/sore inside of my mouth.There are red specks in it, like blood, and white skin around it that appears to be coming loose, which is probably caused by me worrying at it with my tongue (yuck.)

It's been there for at least six months, probably longer, but it's not very painful (a bit), and I only started worrying about what might be causing it recently. No prizes for guessing what it is I'm worried it might be... yes, I was an idiot and googled it and yep, it matches the symptoms. :scared15:

But does anybody else get stuff like this? Maybe from biting the inside of their mouth and it not healing? I'm 26 years old, I've never smoked (my mother does, but she hasn't smoked inside the house since I was a kid) and I hardly ever drink. And this one is supposed to be rare, surely the odds are very small? Have I just bitten the inside of my cheek?

I'm going to make a Doctor's appointment, and 'm not asking for medical advice or a diagnosis or anything here, just your experiences: it would be really reassuring if some people here could tell me of similar symptoms THEY had that turned out to NOT be the dreaded C word because I really can't imagine it being anything else, and I'm scared. :weep:

sparkle_1979
06-03-13, 18:27
A few weeks ago after a virus I got about 6 white spots on my gums/lips and they were sore

Glyph
06-03-13, 18:45
Hey Sparkle. Sounds different to what I've been having, really, but it's still good to know I'm not the only one who's mouth is being weird. I hope they've all cleared up for you now.