PDA

View Full Version : Favorite SONG 4 inspiration or courage.....

Col
06-03-13, 19:52
What's your favorite pick me up song?? Why??

I ask because my brothers into Motown and 1960/1970's music. He told me to listen to strawberry letter by Shuggie Ottis? And also the four tops- Are you man enough! I'd never ever heard either song before and my god amazing!

Shuggie song is dreamy and takes you to another place and the four tops one is like a fighting song, so now when I feel like I'm struggling I blast that.

My other favs are - jamaraqui, daft punk, 70's funk/disco & nirvana. Music is so important when your stressed, I know some might disagree but - it helps me massively - what about u :winks:

Annie0904
06-03-13, 20:00
I think I have to say Hakuna Matata from Lion King. My friend bought me a toy lion singing the song when I was feeling really down to cheer me up :)

almamatters
06-03-13, 20:01
Hi Col, Don't know why but, It's the end of the world as we know it by REM always picks me, there are loads of others though, April Skies by Jesus and Mary Chain, anything by The Smiths, Nirvana, Fleetwood Mac, The Beatles, I love The Velvet Underground too. Music is one of the most important things in my life.

Col
06-03-13, 20:03
Ahhh I like that one too Annie, my daughters got the Disney triple disk and I've got to admit I love that one infact most of the Disney ones :wacko:

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Some good songs there alma, REM they're amazing too.

little wren
07-03-13, 09:05
'When i get over you' by Randy Crawford seems to really say it all for me about getting over this anxiety disorder. x

Magic
07-03-13, 11:04
The Beatles "The long and winding road" orchestral version:)

PanchoGoz
07-03-13, 11:05
Hey Jude :)

Col
07-03-13, 16:39
Few Beatles fans, anyone like Bowie, the police or sting??? Stings had some beautiful songs.

PanchoGoz
07-03-13, 18:50
Police did a song I love called Every Little Thing

AuntieMoosie
07-03-13, 19:32
Well I'm sitting here crying now :weep:

This is my all time favourite song.

The words in it, mean so much to me and it always touches me deeply, hence the tears lol.

Really, really listen to the words and really believe what they're saying :hugs:

RIP Whitney.

http://youtu.be/IYzlVDlE72w

Col
07-03-13, 19:39

Just you tubed that song, it's beautifully amazing, really hearty. Never heard it B4 , I'll be listening to that one now. There's some amazing songs that just get lost or forgotten too easy.

Thanks for sharing that X

---------- Post added at 19:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

Ahhh Auntie Moosie :hugs:. Hope your alright X

I tried loading link and it couldn't do it? Dying to hear which song

Annie0904
07-03-13, 19:41
Aww Auntie Moosie, I watched the video and you have me crying now :) :hugs: xx

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

It worked for me Col..Whitney Houston Greatest Love of All

Col
07-03-13, 19:46
Ahhhhhh fantastic song!

Just my luck, Annie

yvonne_uk_98
07-03-13, 21:50
my fav song at the moment is Lean on me by Bill Withers, why, because we all need someone to lean on when we need someone. and its so true.

Col
08-03-13, 00:06
my fav song at the moment is Lean on me by Bill Withers, why, because we all need someone to lean on when we need someone. and its so true.

The words are simple but comforting x listen to pancho song He suggested by the police :smile:

venusbluejeans
08-03-13, 01:08
This songs says a lot for me..... from the first time I heard it it struck a chord for me.

Listen to the lyrics, they are very apt for anxiety sufferers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQaM5KhndhI

little wren
08-03-13, 07:44
Just listened to it - yes it is so true... How do you get to link youtube address here? See people putting links to youtube and blogs and such here but I don't know how to do it :blush:

---------- Post added at 07:44 ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 ----------

Few Beatles fans, anyone like Bowie, the police or sting??? Stings had some beautiful songs.

Adore Bowie - too many to choose from though - have you got a fave?

Col
08-03-13, 08:48
Hi little wren..... Starman, love it. Do you like queen ? Another great one - Bohemian rhapsody - my gosh the music in that so varried and clever and the words - crazy. Great venting song! Its like someone having inner conflict with themself with the change in music style, a bit like me! I always sing it & my daughter thinks I'm mad - but shes started singing it now :laugh:

---------- Post added at 08:48 ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 ----------

Thanks Venus, yes the words are so apt, should be no more panics signature song X

Granny Primark
08-03-13, 09:08
My special song is "Cherish" by Kool and the Gang.
I was in hospital on bed rest cus I was pregnant and my hubby had it played for me on the hospital radio.
On our daughters 18th birthday he requested the song again on our local radio.

Col
08-03-13, 09:43

Hi pancho - I have heard this song before :roflmao:, I was listening to an acoustic version of it - so it sounded different and then it got to the chorus and I was :roflmao:. It sounds amazing in the version I listened too it was just sting and a guitar. Love music like that

BobbyDog
08-03-13, 17:23
Under the Bridge by The Red Hot Chili Peppers. The lyrics remind me of when I lived in London in the 1990's and my relationship with my then boyfriend. Mixed memories, but adore the song.x

Col
08-03-13, 18:51
Ohhhhh forgot about Red hot chillies, how could I -amazing !

ricardo
08-03-13, 19:01
Like Magic

I love The long and Winding Road and Bridge over Troubled Waters and A Whiter Shade of Pale

Izzie2494
08-03-13, 22:40
Be ok- Ingrid Michaelson describes my feelings!

AuntieMoosie
08-03-13, 23:17
Venus/Emmz "Today My Life Begins" is beautiful. I love the words to that song, it touched me too when I was listening to it :)

Panic Manic
09-03-13, 03:12
Strangely this song gives me inspiration (everyone seems to inturpt it different, though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRERWvDLHTc

little wren
09-03-13, 08:04
Hi little wren..... Starman, love it. Do you like queen ? Another great one - Bohemian rhapsody - my gosh the music in that so varried and clever and the words - crazy. Great venting song! Its like someone having inner conflict with themself with the change in music style, a bit like me! I always sing it & my daughter thinks I'm mad - but shes started singing it now :laugh:

---------- Post added at 08:48 ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 ----------

Thanks Venus, yes the words are so apt, should be no more panics signature song X

Starman - what a classic....I think my faves have got to be 'The man who sold the world' and also 'Absolute Beginners' because I love the video too.

I don't listen to much Queen but even I can tell that group was probably one of the most ingenious groups ever.

---------- Post added at 08:04 ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 ----------

I was listening to Abba 'The day before you came' and I was thinking how apt for people who suffer anxiety disorders. x

Col
09-03-13, 09:31
Ohhhh Little Wren, ABBA :yesyes: - Fernando - that song - there's something so sad about it AND the winner takes it all! Heartbreaking. Gosh that leaves me feeling sooooo sad.

Opposite of my threads title, it's funny what music can do to you. X

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 ----------

PanicManic - beautiful music in that song you gave link of - beautiful.

On a more modern and contempory note anyone heard of Ben Howard - Only Love is beautiful, I played this over and over again, the music is sooo beautiful, simple!

A FANTASTIC song - chorus for me as an anxiety sufferer and inspiration is - KEEP YOU HEAD UP - BEN HOWARD AGAIN! This song is one of my modern type favorites - I just feel a lot of music today sound the same and lacks feeling and soul BUT this song by Ben Howard , both music and words are simply - Beautiful X

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

I spent my time watching
the spaces that had grown between us
And I cut my mind on second best
the scars that come with the greeness
I gave my eyes to the boredom
still the seabed wouldn’t let me in
And I tried my best to embrace the darkness
in which I swim

Now walking back down this mountain
with the strength of a turning tide
The wind so soft at my skin
the sun so hot upon my side
Looking out at this happiness
I searched for between the sheets
Feeling blind, to realise
All I was searching for was me
Oh all i was searching for was me

Keep your head up, keep your heart strong
Keep your mind set, keep your hair long
Keep your head up, keep your heart strong
Keep your mind set in your ways
Keep your heart strong

I saw a friend of mine the other day
And he told me that my eyes were gleaming
I said I’d been away
and he knew the depths I was meaning
It felt so good to see his face
the comfort invested in my soul
To feel the warmth of his smile
when he said ‘I’m happy to have you home’
Oh im happy to have you home

Keep your head up...

Because I’ll always remember you the same
Eyes like wildflowers with your demons of
change
May you find happiness there
May all your hopes turn out right

Kepp your head up...

Because I’ll always remember you the same
Eyes like wildflowers with your demons of change.

This song is by Ben Howard. - reference http://www.lyricsreg.com/lyrics/ben+howard/Keep+Your+Head+Up/

saro
09-03-13, 09:42
Cyndi Lauper - Girls just wanna have fun.

When I was panicking once on the motorway I was listening to the radio and singing this at the top of my voice was just what I needed.

Magic
09-03-13, 13:42
Thanks Col for starting this thread. Some fabulous music on here:hugs:

BobbyDog
09-03-13, 13:55
Anything by The Eagles is really relaxing.
Most of the music from the film The Commitments is really uplifting and some real classics as well, the lead singer of the band has the moooost amazing voice, really soulful.

Col
09-03-13, 15:33
Thanks Magic, I just thought about how much I use music to get me through the day and it really helps. So thought about other people and if they use it to help them get through tough times or need a soul boost! There's some great stuff people are posting, I'd forgotten about some of the songs theyve suggested :blush:Music is soo easily lost, so it's a good way of gathering some great musical minds on here and sharing. XXXXXXXXX

Bobby dog - my dad goes on and on about the Eagles, he loves them, I never paid much attention as a youngster, have you got any suggestions which songs of there's to listen to X

BobbyDog
09-03-13, 18:12
Thanks Magic, I just thought about how much I use music to get me through the day and it really helps. So thought about other people and if they use it to help them get through tough times or need a soul boost! There's some great stuff people are posting, I'd forgotten about some of the songs theyve suggested :blush:Music is soo easily lost, so it's a good way of gathering some great musical minds on here and sharing. XXXXXXXXX

Bobby dog - my dad goes on and on about the Eagles, he loves them, I never paid much attention as a youngster, have you got any suggestions which songs of there's to listen to X

Hotel California is such a classic, reminds me of a house shared with 20/30 people in the 1990's - once you moved in there it was hard to leave. Sounds a little crowded..... it was, but it was a very large place spread over 5 floors.
So many fantastic songs, another two, Peaceful Easy Feeling and Desperado.All tracks from The very Best of the Eagles. So, so many brilliant songs.

You guys are probably the same, but songs always transport me back to a place and time, it is magical.

venusbluejeans
09-03-13, 22:49
Venus/Emmz "Today My Life Begins" is beautiful. I love the words to that song, it touched me too when I was listening to it :)

I love it :) it says so much:)

Panic Manic
09-03-13, 23:26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpWcmpZlDcc

(Note, please don't be mistaken by the band name of "America"....... this was a UK based band)

blue moon
12-03-13, 23:16
I did'nt Know my Own Strengh--Whitney Houston

xtremx
13-03-13, 09:13
Eye Of The Tiger -- Survivor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4

This track makes the hairs stand end and gives me such a thrill .... Come on Rocky you can do it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And Also for you younger people

Cochise -- Audioslave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDMvN45sjo4

Greatest super group ever.... and the video is so cool

swgrl09
13-03-13, 15:02
I love Stronger by Kelly Clarkson :)