PDA

View Full Version : Nightmares :(

Annie0904
07-03-13, 00:53
Okay so I really don't want to admit that I am sitting here with my laptop on because I am scared to put the light back out :weep: :weep: I have just had a really bad nightmare, woke up shouting and my husband is working away from home this week so I am home alone :weep: I often get nightmares but this one really scared me :weep:

panickyme
07-03-13, 03:50
Awwww Annie, I wish I would of been on when you had your nightmare. Sorry you are not feeling well, and then not being able to get some sleep. Hopefully you are back to sleep now, and snoring. Hope you feel better, I will check on you tomorrow. :hugs:

Lissa101
07-03-13, 07:02
Morning Annie, did you get back to sleep? I hope so! Night terrors are scary. I don't get them often but when I do they are really weird and sinister because of the meds. Have an easy day to recover, you'll prob be feeling tired after all that xxx

starlight78
07-03-13, 07:46
Annie, I couldn't sleep last night, I wish I had logged on here!
I hope you managed to get back to sleep ok x

Sunshine77
07-03-13, 08:05
Ahh Annie, you poor thing, nightmares can really stay with you even after you've woken up, can't they?

Hope you managed to get back to sleep and that you can shake it off this morning. How are you feeling today? xxx

Annie0904
07-03-13, 10:03
Thank you everyone :) I stayed awake for about an hour and read for a while then I managed to get back to sleep. It was really scary though especially with me being on my own. My throat feels no better this morning. I don't know if the penicillin is working or not. xx

spottitchsam
07-03-13, 11:30
Annie Annie Annie WHY WHY WHY did you not ring me.you have my landline and if you want my mobile just email me.hope you are feeling a bit better this morning.take care.xxx

Annie0904
07-03-13, 11:34
Aww Jean thank you but you really need your sleep, I know you haven't been sleeping well. I am having a lazy morning. My throat is still sore, not sure how long it takes for tonsillitis to go as I have never had it before xx

spottitchsam
07-03-13, 11:44
Listen girl I CAN sleep in the daytime,I'm luckier than most people my husband is around most of the day and I do not do any housework or cooking so when ever I want to go to bed even for a hour or so I know that someone is always within a few mins away.daughter in law lives around the corner and my son is on shift work and lives at home.I also have some very good neighbours.we all look out for one another.so if you need me wave your hand over the phone and I will appear on the other end.xxx

Annie0904
07-03-13, 11:52
Aww Thank you Jean, that is lovely of you xx

MelSilk
07-03-13, 17:29
I have been having some really bad nightmares too. But I dont wake up from them immediately. It first has a chance to play out quite long before I wake up and then I feel just sick to my stomach. just dreaming about crime, death and all sorts of bad things.

Its getting worse :(

Annie0904
07-03-13, 17:52
I have been having some really bad nightmares too. But I dont wake up from them immediately. It first has a chance to play out quite long before I wake up and then I feel just sick to my stomach. just dreaming about crime, death and all sorts of bad things.

Its getting worse :(

Mel, It is awful isn't it. I can try to control my thoughts during the day but how do you do it while sleeping? I wish there was a way xx

theharvestmouse
07-03-13, 18:45
I love having good dreams, and the odd nightmare is Ok as long as its not too disturbing.

Annie0904
07-03-13, 18:57
I don't seem to have good dreams, just nightmares.

ElizabethJane
07-03-13, 19:31
Annie I have been plagued by really bad sleep paralysis and nightmares. These are the things that sometimes work for me. Try to do a sleep relaxation cd before you go to sleep. I have a Glen Harrold one and one from the Priory as well as a hypnosis one which seem to do the trick. When you are aware of having the nightmare usually the point just before you wake up remind yourself that it is not real and you are going to wake up! All requires a bit of practice as my dreams come in different guises (usually the same theme!)Lucid dreaming i.e. being aware that you are dreaming and having some control over the events in the dream. Mine were always worse when hubby was away even with son in the next bedroom. I always sleep with the cat and with the light on. If I need a sleeping pill I take one. I have found hypnosis has helped me in the long run. I hope that you find some thing that works for you

theharvestmouse
07-03-13, 19:43
Sleep paralysis is quite scary, had that a few times, I thought I was dead at first, it's a weird sensation.

Annie0904
07-03-13, 19:44
Thank you very much for the advise Elizabeth Jane. My nightmare is usually more or less the same every time...trying to get away and can't. I have hubby home tonight so hopefully will sleep better x