PDA

View Full Version : how what why when where?

sarahblonde32
07-03-13, 11:28
Hi all,

Do you always feel anxious? do you hae symptoms all the time? or just occasionally? frequently? when you go out? does it hit you when you least expect it? even when you aren't thinking about it?

just intriqued about everyones experiences, i quite often have bouts even when i least expect it, even when im not anxious!

sarah

Col
07-03-13, 16:48
I became a panic victim 2 years ago in the midst of a breakdown feburary 7th 2011. I never ever had anything like this B4, so for 6 months other than school run I was agrophobic and then this past, summer came and I began to sort myself out and was getting stronger by Xmas 2011 I was ok 2012 came and then son started nursery last September and I thought I'll get back to thinking about work..... Volunteered November and this febuary had to quit - anxiety rising again. So the pattern thats now emerging to me is that..... I don't always have anxiety although have a constant niggling worry about its return BUT once it does comes back........it's shocking. Full blown on edge panc attacks - the job lot! As I'm having a blip at the moment and seem to be able to prevent a full blown PA, the anxiety is crippling. I've just walked to the local nursery to collect my son and my stomach was so full with air and churning and it started to really hurt. I managed to come accross to a couple of mums and the nursey staff coherent and calm but I was working my mind overtime to stop a PA breaking out BUT my stomach was killing felt like it could explode.

Iced_diamond
07-03-13, 18:46
When I am happy and distracted I feel completely fine. Usually Friday evenings and Saturdays I feel quite panic free. I strikes me most during the week as I worry a lot about work. I find if I am alone it creeps up or if I don't have much to do, like a rainy Sunday or times like that. Then there are certain things that trigger my anxiety, for example if someone near me or at work is ill, I worry that I'll get whatever the have or if I notice a rash on me or maybe feel a bit like I'm coming down with something, then I can panic quite badly. I don't have symptoms all the time. There has to really be a trigger for it. But, if you start feeling anxious or panicky, I would advise to log onto the forum, as I have found this forum really useful and calming a lot of the time. :)

rb1978
07-03-13, 20:48
I suffer most with anxiety when I'm in situations I can't easily get out of. I generally feel worse at work than I do at home because work is less safe than home. The only difference to this is when I'm actually panicking about a specific symptom that's troubling me.....and then I tend to feel better at work because the symptom is less obvious than it is when I'm sat around at home. If that makes sense. :blush:

The worst anxiety triggers for me are things like meetings - today was tough at work. I had a training session in the morning (I sat near the door in case I had to run away) and an informal meeting in the afternoon. I felt awful all day - off balance, unreal, butterflies in the stomach and just generally unwell. After the meeting ended and I got back to the office, I felt absolutely fine.

I don't have symptoms all the time but I'm very aware of bodily sensations and changes and focus on anything and everything. I used to race to the Doctor with every new sensation but I'm trying to stop that.

Recently I've noticed more symptoms which I think is because I have decided to move house (!) and am convinced I'm going to get struck with cancer now so I can't move. :huh:

Col
08-03-13, 00:16
I suffer most with anxiety when I'm in situations I can't easily get out of. I generally feel worse at work than I do at home because work is less safe than home. The only difference to this is when I'm actually panicking about a specific symptom that's troubling me.....and then I tend to feel better at work because the symptom is less obvious than it is when I'm sat around at home. If that makes sense. :blush:

The worst anxiety triggers for me are things like meetings - today was tough at work. I had a training session in the morning (I sat near the door in case I had to run away) and an informal meeting in the afternoon. I felt awful all day - off balance, unreal, butterflies in the stomach and just generally unwell. After the meeting ended and I got back to the office, I felt absolutely fine.

I don't have symptoms all the time but I'm very aware of bodily sensations and changes and focus on anything and everything. I used to race to the Doctor with every new sensation but I'm trying to stop that.

Recently I've noticed more symptoms which I think is because I have decided to move house (!) and am convinced I'm going to get struck with cancer now so I can't move. :huh:

Ohh my goodness that's awful, your thoughts stopping you from moving! Gosh X

sarahblonde32
08-03-13, 12:21
Hi,

Yes i log in here alot of the time whith questions about things or if something comes up and i want support. Its strange. I get that horrid head rush thing, and i often want to gag or throw up. but mine is often for no reason, sometimes yes, if im going somewhere or have to do something but sometimes not. like sitting at work, busy getting on with stuff and not anxious. im happiest alone, i like driving alone, sitting home and going shopping alone, but it still happens.
I have an appointment next with a friend who does kiniseology and we are going to try some techniques. i also do yoga which is nice and relaxing, although not a cure.

sarah

starlight78
08-03-13, 18:56
I am usually ok as long as I am busy and occupied. i find i struggle most when i am trying to settle down after work. My anxiety spikes and I start to worry about pretty much everything! It's exhausting.. Every so often I will take a diazepam to give my mind and body a rest! This episode has lasted about 5 months, although I am significantly better than I was even a month a go x.

trish1955
09-03-13, 10:12
the shortest way for me to answer this is yep i am full of anxiety 24/7 dont seem to be getting any kind of break why i have no idea wish i had xxx