PDA

View Full Version : I cant go on

chl_hobbs
08-03-13, 09:14
Ive been at my mums for almost two weeks with severe anxiety. Ive had daily panic attacks and feel washed out. Am on 20mg citalopram and lorazrpam as and when needed but evrry day I think im dying. I have a 3 yr old daughter and have to get back to her but im in a state. Im convinced that im having periods in the day where my heart is very irregular. I vant tell for sure but it definitely keeps suddenly beaying fast. Yesterday out of nowhere I became awarr of it and measured it and it was between 130-160 for about half an hr. I just couldnt get it down. I get dizzy and all day my mouth is dry. I drink loads of water nut my thirst isnt quenchrd. Im scared thay I have a serious heary condition causing me to have a very high hr and therefore be dehydrated. I can just be sat there and feel lightheaded, like im going to pass out. Ive had an echo done (pretty much normal),numerous ecgs (normal just a bit fast) and waiting for results of the 24 hr ecg. I seriosly am so scared I want to hide away forever. I hate this I cant do it and be worried for much longer.
Please help

Charlotte x

---------- Post added at 09:14 ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 ----------

Am lying here in bed feeling as if j could pass out.I dont feel with it all. Help. Ive already been to a+e twice this week,i need help x

swajj
08-03-13, 09:37
Have you been to see a psychiatrist? You need to do this. You sound just like me. The headaches etc, etc, now the irregular heart beats. I have had 2 sessions with my psychiatrist and I am already 50 percent better. I'm going weekly until I'm completely better. You think it can't all possibly be due to anxiety but it is. Trust me I know what I'm talking about. Do whatever you need to do to start seeing a psychiatrist. If you do then you can stop living this half life and start really living again.

---------- Post added at 19:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

btw on Tuesday my psychiatrist banned me from taking my pulse anymore. He said that I was putting my heart rate up just by continually taking my pulse. The stress of trying to measure my heart rate by taking my pulse was creating the very problem that I was worrying so much about.

chl_hobbs
08-03-13, 09:58
The nhs is taking its time,im not due ti see a psych until April. My gp keeps pushing them but its nit working. I cant live like this anymore. No one apart from my mum can help me and I have to go back up north to be with my daughter. I keep thinking that as my hr is now getting so high It will slip ibto a dangerous rhythm and I will die/collapse. Thankyou, xx

Justinf
08-03-13, 10:14
Firstly Charlotte, you are OK. Not OK in the way you want to be, but OK enough to be able to type out a message and post it on the interwebz.
I know how debilitating this can be. It consumes you and engulfs you.
You WILL be OK. And you WILL get through this.
Please don't waste your life worrying aboyt something that may or may not happen.
The great gift you have is that you are alive. You are not dying and you have a grat opportuity to life your life and be there for your daughter.