PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to do

heths
11-09-06, 14:14
I've recently found out my support lady smokes. She took me to a park last week and lit a cigarette.

The thing is I don't want to be a nuisance but I don't smoke and I don't feel comfortable been near her while she's smoking. I didn't know how to tell her. I felt a bit panicky last appointment and I don't know whether to tell her or not. And I find social situations hard. I don't want to upset her.

I have an appointment with her tomorrow and I don't know what to do cos she's taking me out to the same place.

Heather x

trac67
11-09-06, 15:51
Hiya,

Just explain to her how you feel, I am sure she will be fine about it, and unless you mention it to her then she won't realise that her smoking around you makes you feel uncomfortable.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

heths
11-09-06, 21:28
Thank you Trac,

Part of me feels I'll upset her by telling her and I feel uncomfortable saying anything. But I will try tomorrow.

Heather x

nomorepanic
11-09-06, 21:48
Heather

Just say politely "please could you not smoke around me as I am not comfortable with it".

I am sure she won't be upset atall.

Nicola

heths
12-09-06, 22:50
Thank you both for your advice.

I had my appointment today and did find it a bit hard but told my support lady, she was fine about it.

Heather x

nomorepanic
12-09-06, 22:52
Well done you!

See you can do it and it worked. You got a result.

Fab news.

Nicola