PDA

View Full Version : Viral arthritis

sparkle_1979
08-03-13, 14:31
I just wondered if anyone has ever had this? Last summer I remember having a virus and then a few weeks later I just woke up and random parts of my body would ache, anything from knees to finger nails. I wasn't too sore but more uncomfortable and apart from my hip that hurt for a good week pretty bad most would be like twinges every few sedonds then a different part of my body would do it.

I went to the docs and he said viral arthritis and that if so in a couple of mths it would be clear and he was right, all in all I think it lasted about 3 mths.

My anxiety was sky night which I think brought on other symptoms, burning and twitching ect, that also went when the pain did but I think this was due to me relaxing

about 2 weeks ago I got an infection, sick with a bit of the flu thrown in for good measure. Anyways yesterday things started aching again and now I'm starting to freak again :unsure:

Anyone else had anything like this

Thanks for reading

sparkle_1979
08-03-13, 17:02
Thanks. I hate this I think of all he things I get ( ad I get a few) these cramps prob worry me the most

Lorn
08-03-13, 18:19
Hi 2 years ago my mum had conjunctivitis which started her rheumatoid arthritis its an auto immune disease and you would be surprised to find how many people end up with RA after a virus

Lorn x

sparkle_1979
08-03-13, 18:31
I had conjuntivitis 2 weeks ago hmmm

How long did it last

---------- Post added at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Well my girls had it, I had just a bit of blood shop eye and a tad itchy I didn't have the sticky eye x

sparkle_1979
09-03-13, 06:58
Well no sleep whatever last night. I was freaking. I was o sore, my legs were burning ad aching, hands were sore, toes . I'm so scared I've two babies o look after, their mummy needs to sleep not worrying like this :(

I was really trying to control this and now these body pains have e worse than ever

Panic Manic
09-03-13, 07:03
^ Hi. I haven't heard of it before but did some quick research for you, here are some things to try (found from this website) :

http://www.simple-remedies.com/home-remedies/arthritis/viral-arthritis-symptoms.html

" What are the Treatments for Viral Arthritis

Aspiration will be done for severe swelling or inflammation of the joints. This process will suck out the fluid that have accumulated in the joints and, thus, relieve pain and swelling

Hot and cold packs can be placed on the affected joints to relieve symptoms. Hot baths can also help in controlling pain and swelling.

Cat’s claw, astragalus, Echinacea, and Asian ginseng are some of the herbs that can be taken. These help the body fight off the viral infection. These also boost the body’s immune system.

Doctors will usually advise patients to have proper rest which can help build up the immune system and fight the viral infection off."

And then this link might be helpful for you:
http://www.askhomeremedies.com/remedy/home-remedies-for-arthritis.htm

sparkle_1979
09-03-13, 07:35
Thanks so much for taking the time to find them links.

I don't even know if it is this as so much hurts, not just joints my arms hurt, legs everything is sore. Like the feeling when you have flu accept I'm not ill

Panic Manic
09-03-13, 07:43
Thanks so much for taking the time to find them links.

I don't even know if it is this as so much hurts, not just joints my arms hurt, legs everything is sore. Like the feeling when you have flu accept I'm not ill
:hugs: Take it easy. Try a hot bubble bath.

sparkle_1979
09-03-13, 07:46
Probably a good idea. It hate this, I'm usually us h a chilled out person and ha gets the better of me sometimes x

Panic Manic
09-03-13, 07:50
Probably a good idea. It hate this, I'm usually us h a chilled out person and ha gets the better of me sometimes x

You'll be fine, just take some time for a nice bubble bath, if you have something like lavender or baby bath it might help. Soak your body, put on a nice warm pair of clothes and drink some tea!!

x

:hugs:

sparkle_1979
09-03-13, 07:53
Bubble bath have to wait until the girls go to bed but hot tea is good x

Panic Manic
09-03-13, 08:07
Bubble bath have to wait until the girls go to bed but hot tea is good x

:hugs: Possibly you can try a heating pad through the day for the pain.

sparkle_1979
09-03-13, 08:29
I don't think that would make much difference as its all over, but its to too bad it just ached. Even my nails. I know it can't be a virus as I had one two weeks ago where I had this pain with fever and sick bug. I have no idea what's going on with me x

Panic Manic
09-03-13, 08:36
I don't think that would make much difference as its all over, but its to too bad it just ached. Even my nails. I know it can't be a virus as I had one two weeks ago where I had this pain with fever and sick bug. I have no idea what's going on with me x

Just give it more time, you will be okay :-( You sound like you just need to rest. :hugs:and that is hard to do with kids around.

sparkle_1979
09-03-13, 08:42
I think you could be right, when I had flu I still had to get up and take care of the girls so I haven't rested really

Panic Manic
09-03-13, 08:56
:hugs: Try to rest, soon!!!!!

sparkle_1979
10-03-13, 17:47
Anyone else I'm still aching and in full blown panic. Docs tomorrow and convinced there going to take bloods and come back with something awful

quinnell
15-05-13, 11:11
god ive never heard of viral arthritis I ache all over mainly arms and legs ive had blood and urine tests and all have been clear ive just stated swimming again after a year due to my anxiety I swam for about an hour and the next day I was aching all over I find that if I do anything physical I suffer for a few days of aching which brings me down again im 45 does any one else get this and I wonder if I have viral arthritis

violet12
15-05-13, 11:29
Hi Sparkle

Just wanted to say that aching muscles & joints can be one of the side effects of citalopram. So is possible it could be that. Also I've got similar symptom, random aches, burning & twitching. Its really unpleasant & of course negative thoughts have a field day!

sparkle_1979
15-05-13, 12:03
I'm not taking that. It's something now that's been on and off for a year, currently on. It can go for mths, them one day I wake up aching. With me it's more shooting pains that last a min it so in one area, can be fingers, toes, kness hip ect

---------- Post added at 12:03 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

Quinnell mine isn't after exercise x